Home Forums Polls! Best Supporting Actress 2008

Best Supporting Actress 2008

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Beau S.
    Topics:

Kate Winslet steamrolled through the precursors for The Reader before being nominated (and winning) in Lead for said film.

On nomination morning, and the weeks that followed, this category was up in the air.

Who is your pick? 

Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Amy Adams
    2. Taraji P Henson
    3. Viola Davis
    4. Marisa tomei
    5. Penelope Cruz

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

Cruz takes it for me, with Davis a decent second.

1. Cruz
    2. Davis
    3. Tomei
    4. Adams
    5. Henson – one of the worst nominations ever!!! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:

Judy Davis should’ve won in 1992, and Tomei should’ve won here. I have no virtual idea what the hoopla for Cruz was here.

ReplyCopy URL
    black30
    Topics:

5. Henson – one of the worst nominations ever!!! 

Extreme reaction, much?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

1. Cruz
    2. Adams

3. Tomei

4. Davis

5. Henson 

Henson and Davis did not deserve a nomination. About Davis. Anyone could be good in 5 minutes on screen. We haven’t seen her before of course it was emotinal to see her crying at the first time. After a while when she did the same performance in Help people finally belived that she’s very limited as an actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

The best supporting actress of that year was Rachel Weisz in My Blueberry Nights. But Tomei (crude and I’d vote for her), Cruz (natural and scene-stealer) and Davis (she owned Meryl freakin’ Streep, c’mon) were the best, by far. Adams’ nomination is such a meh thing, totally unecessary and Henson… how did that happened?

Rosemarie DeWitt and Debra Winger in Rachel Get Married, Elsa Zylberstein in I’ve Loved You So Long, Evan Rachel Wood in The Wrestler, Kristen Stewart and Maria Bello in The Yellow Handkerchief, Toni Collette in The Black Balloon, Lena Olin in The Reader, Vera Farmiga in Nothing But the Truth and Tilda Swinton in Benjamin Button/Burn After Reading were much more deserving of the nominations than Adams and P. Henson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Cruz
    2. Adams
    3. Tomei
    4. Davis
    5. Henson 

Henson and Davis did not deserve a nomination. About Davis. Anyone could be good in 5 minutes on screen. We haven’t seen her before of course it was emotinal to see her crying at the first time. After a while when she did the same performance in Help people finally belived that she’s very limited as an actress.

This is my order as well.

Cruz was amazing. One of the best in this category ever. I absolutely hated the film If it hadn’t been for her I would have walked out.

I think Davis suffers in my eyes because if all the hype I’d heared before I saw the film. She was fine but nothing like as good as I assumed she was going to be. It was that snot bubble that  did it.

I don’t remember Henson at all???

ReplyCopy URL
    black30
    Topics:

Henson and Davis did not deserve a nomination.

Because they’re black!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mrs. Doolittle
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Cruz
    2. Adams

3. Tomei

4. Davis

5. Henson 

Why on earth do you hate Davis so much? She definitely deserved her nomination, and to say Amy Adams was better than her is ridiculous! Amy Adams was overrated and did nothing. Davis went on a rollercoaster of emotions in such a short span of time and brought so much life to that silly film. 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Amen Judy! Beatrice Straight anyone?

And as for Amy, geez, all she has to do is show her pug-cute little face in a film and bingo! Nomination! Ok. that’s an exaggeration sure, but I hated her in Doubt.   Loved her in The Fighter, Catch Me If You Can, and Junebug. That’s it. Is she still slotted for Joplin? Seems as if first she was in and then she was out and then she’s back again. Hope she can pull it off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

Davis
    Tomei
    Cruz
    Adams
    Henson

Never understood the buzz over Cruz. The Streep/Davis scene in Doubt is one of my favorite scenes in cinema.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Taraji P. Henson, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Viola Davis is in second place.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Henson was good but Oscar  worthy?……no. Cruz was the standout of the bunch. She and Woody Allen should make movies wit one another forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

Taraji P. Henson, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Viola Davis is in second place.

Because they’re black!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.