Home Forums Polls! Best Supporting Actress 2013

Best Supporting Actress 2013

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Greg A.
    Participant
    Topics:

Nyong’o and Roberts are essentially tied for me. Love to vote for both. I’ll go with Roberts since she blew me away and it might’ve been her best yet.

Roberts/Nyong’o
    Squibb
    Hawkins
    Lawrence

Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

I give my vote to Jennifer because her performance is strong in the whole movie, i haven’t seen Hawkins and Roberts but to me Lupita screentime was too short and her only relevant scene was the one that the Academy showed at the awards, she still did a fantastic job in that part but i’t not enough for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Sally Hawkins. Sometimes you don’t have to yell and scream to give a good performance. She gave the most natural performance. 

1. Sally Hawkins
    2. Julia Roberts
    3. June Squibb
    4. Lupita Nyongo
    5. Jennifer Lawrence.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

June Squibb. The only good thing about Nebraska. Marvelous performance, a completely embodied and natural realization of an aging woman with wonderful memories of a quiet life as it nears its end. I can’t help but think that there would be more recognition of this performance had it been given by a more well-known actress – Betty White would have played her stereotypical “potty-mouthed old lady” and would have been terrible but would have been a lock for the Oscar.

Hawkins was a terrific foil to Blanchett in Blue Jasmine, and Nyong’o was a wonderful channel of pain and emotion in her brief appearance.

The other two do not factor in this race: Roberts (who was marvelous) because it was a leading role, Lawrence because she was terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

I really like this category. I feel that Octavia Spencer (Fruitvale Station) and Sarah Paulson (12 Years a Slave) would have also been deserving nominees.

My rankings are:
    1. Jennifer Lawrence (she was great in this role and the MVP of American Hustle, this should have been her winning year, not 2012)
    2. Julia Roberts (the best she’s been since Erin Brockovich)
    3. Lupita Nyong’o (great performance, maybe too small for a win though)
    4. Sally Hawkins (holds her own against Cate Blanchett, as above – a natural performance)
    5. June Squibb (was great in the role, perfectly cast – the film was just not my cup of tea) 

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

1. June Squibb – whoever said that she’s the only good thing about Nebraska is right. She is the saving grace of that disaster of a film.

2. Sally Hawkins – a delicately nuanced performance with a real central pain that Hawkins channels with expertise. It’s amazing that Hawkins was able to pull off such a captivatingly intimate screen performance especially considering that there are very few close-up shots of her throughout the film.

3. Lupita Nyong’o – Take a moment to consider how much pain and suffering she channeled and how little time she had to do it.

4. Julia Roberts – A great performance from an actress who gets a lot of flack because of how famous she is. Too bad it’s a leading performance by every definition.

5. Jennifer Lawrence – Horrendous, mismanaged performance from a usually very good actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Id give it to Lupita.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gain
    Participant
    Topics:

1.Hawkins.Perfectly believable and convincing

2.Roberts.Surprisingly good.The saving grace of that shitty movie 

3.Squibb.A heart-warming performance in a heart-warming film

——–GAP———

4.Lawrence.Attention grabbing,she was smart to acted very loudly with such limited screentime.However,there wasn’t really any depth in both the role and the performance.

——-HUGE GAP—–

5.Nyong’o.One of the worst wins of this category.Forgettable and poor line-delivering.Overpraised to the highest heaven.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

1. Lupita Nyong’O- A stunning portrayal that is heartbreaking to watch. The
    array of emotions conveyed were quite impressive. She is best winner
    since Mo’Nique in 2009.
    2. Jennifer Lawrence – A fantastic performance that deserved all the accolades it racked up.
    3. Julia Roberts – A surprisingly good performance. She matched Streep, and in another year she may have won.
    4. June Squibb – A good turn but one has to wonder whether it’s the screenplay or her.
    Sally Hawkins – A laughably bad performance. She had no business being
    nominated considering the likes of Spencer or Winfrey were left off for
    her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Words Count
    Topics:

——-HUGE GAP—–
    5.Nyong’o.One of the worst wins of this category.Forgettable and poor line-delivering.Overpraised to the highest heaven.

Keep telling yourself that lie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Lupita – A stunning portrayal that is heartbreaking to watch. The
    since Mo’Nique in 2009.
    2. Julia Roberts – A surprisingly good performance. She matched Streep, and in another year she may have won.
    3. June Squibb – A good turn but one has to wonder whether it’s the screenplay or her.
    4. Jennifer Lawrence – A satisfactory performance but it’s clear she’s “acting”.
    her.

A laughably bad performance from Sally Hawkins? Are you kidding me? hahahahahaha you’re a fool 

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”MalickFanboy”]1. Lupita – A stunning portrayal that is heartbreaking to watch. The
    since Mo’Nique in 2009.
    2. Julia Roberts – A surprisingly good performance. She matched Streep, and in another year she may have won.
    3. June Squibb – A good turn but one has to wonder whether it’s the screenplay or her.
    4. Jennifer Lawrence – A satisfactory performance but it’s clear she’s “acting”.
    her.

A laughably bad performance from Sally Hawkins? Are you kidding me? hahahahahaha you’re a fool [/quote]

LOL exactly my thoughts. And he thinks Winfrey is an overall better actress than Sally. Hilarious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gain
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Lothlorien”]
    ——-HUGE GAP—–

Keep telling yourself that lie.[/quote]
    Lol like I’d listen. 

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Sally Hawkins, BLUE JASMINE
    2. Lupita Nyong’o, 12 YEARS A SLAVE 
    3. June Squibb, NEBRASKA
    4. Jennifer Lawrence, AMERICAN HUSTLE
    5. Julia Roberts, AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY

I shutter at the thought of people thinking Oprah Winfrey deserves to be here more than Hawkins.  Hawkins was perfect.  Spencer should have been here before Roberts, that I can stand with for sure. Roberts was terrible IMO, I enjoyed everyone else but her.  Lawrence, well I thought she was great but couldn’t help but feel she was miscast, doesn’t matter she was a 1st class part of her film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Hawkins (I could have easily voted Roberts first, but I feel passionate about Hawkins. It´s been said a lot, but the way she acted was so natural and organic. Brilliant approach to yet another great woody allen female character, and even more brilliant from the oscars to notice a performance that didn´t need shouting or crying)

2. Roberts (category fraud blah blah. The point is that I didn´t know she could act like that! What an amazing/surprising/unlikely performance)

3. Nyongo (don´t hate her win at all. Great performance. My ONLY problem is her extremely short screentime)

4. Lawrence (I really think the out of control acclaim and the oscars are making me not like her as much. I really like her acting, but I can´t help but think now that she is starting to be overrated. She should not have won last year and should not have won that many awards for this. I think I lost objectivity regarding Lawrence. I have no idea if I would´ve wanted her to be nominated had she gotten zero attention for AH)

5. Squibb (didn´t care for her at all, she was just fine)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.