Biggest Acting Lock – 2015

Home // Forums // Polls! // Biggest Acting Lock – 2015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think stands the best chance at winning Oscar glory?

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly have a really hard time seeing anyone beating J.K Simmons. I haven’t seen Ruffalo, but it would depress me if Hawke or Norton (while I loved both performances) beat his absolutely incredible performance. I think J.K should have a few speeches ready for this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

My girl Julianne. At effing last.

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Julianne Moore
    2. Patricia Arquette
    3. J.K. Simmons
    4. Michael Keaton
    ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

J.K. Simmons, but Julianne Moore is a close second. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Simmons. I am surprised Moore is leading this poll, as I would consider her one of the least safe to win. Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if Jennifer Aniston pulled a Gwyneth Paltrow/Halle Berry/Reese Witherspoon/Sandra Bullock-esque Hollywood A-lister win over Moore. Not saying that’s what will happen, but it certainly is a possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

Simmons easily without question, Keaton & Arquette are also strong possibilities for a clear lock. Moore (while I think sees winning) isn’t as safe because she hasn’t been winning everything like Arquette, Keaton and Simmons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Simmons. I am surprised Moore is leading this poll, as I would consider her one of the least safe to win. Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if Jennifer Aniston pulled a Gwyneth Paltrow/Halle Berry/Reese Witherspoon/Sandra Bullock-esque Hollywood A-lister win over Moore. Not saying that’s what will happen, but it certainly is a possibility.

Except I feel like those were all cases where there were other factors compelling them to win. Paltrow won for being an it-girl in a Best Picture winner that had lavish production detail (as well as Harvey Weinstein backer her). Halle Berry had been around for a bit and had the exciting narrative of being the first black woman to win Best Actress. Witherspoon was pretty huge and had amassed an incredible resume up to that point and had the benefit of playing a real-life figure. And Bullock was one of the big Hollywood earners of the year, appearing in 2 hit movies that made over $150 million in the US alone. 

Aniston has a “playing against type” trend going for her, but it’s the first time in a while that she’s really challenged herself in that way, and her film remains seen by a relative few. I can’t imagine that they see her as more due for attention than Moore, who, while maybe not as prevalent to lead major Hollywood films as the rest of those listed, is far from an obscure figure.

I still think Keaton is the most vulnerable. We saw just last year with Ejiofor that winning the majority of critics’ prizes doesn’t translate to much if someone else is able to charm Academy members his/her way, and Redmayne could become a viable option, especially after seeing how well The Theory of Everything was received by SAG voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Moore is winning the poll because it started back before the precursors really started and we saw that Moore wasn’t plowing through them. I mean Keaton is still in a race with Redmayne and Simmons and Arquettes films came out a while ago so people weren’t talking about them as much as Moore back at the beginning of december. I know I voted for Moore then but if I was going to vote now I’d definitely change my vote to Simmons 

ReplyCopy URL
    Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, J.K. Simmons has already his name engraved on the Best Supporting Actor Oscar

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Biggest Acting Lock – 2015

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.