Home Forums Polls! Favorite Disney Animated Film: Part 6 (1999-2005)

Favorite Disney Animated Film: Part 6 (1999-2005)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Of the first 9 films that were released by Walt Disney Animation Studios following the Disney Renaissance, which is your favourite?

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

The Emperor’s New Groove but Lilo and Stitch is a close 2nd. I just love all the vocal performances from that movie from David Spade, John Goodman, Patrick Warburton, and the amazing Eartha Kitt 

ReplyCopy URL
    Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Treasure Planet
    2. The Emperor’s New Groove
    3. Dinosaur
    4. Brother Bear
    5. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    6. Lilo & Stitch
    7. Home on the Range
    8. Fantasia/2000
    9. Chicken Little 

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertoTerra
    Participant
    Topics:

1. The Emperor’s New Groove
    2. Treasure Planet
    3.Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    4. Brother Bear
    5. Lilo & Stitch
    6. Chicken Little 

Didn’t watch the rest. The Emperor’s New Groove is very far from the others tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

What on earth happened?

The last 10 are all stone cold classics.

Have barely heard of any of these.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

What on earth happened?

The last 10 are all stone cold classics.

Have barely heard of any of these.

After the death of Walt, the string of films released between 1970 and 1988 (The Aristocats to Oliver & Company) are often referred to as Disney’s “Dark Age.” The company saw a huge critical and commercial comeback with The Little Mermaid (1989) with a streak that continued up until and including Tarzan (1999). This period is generally called the “Disney Renaissance.” The films which followed the Renaissance were noticably less successful, either commercially and/or critically. This era is often called the post-renaissance. I wanted to divide each of the Disney polls into their mini-eras, some of which are considered great and made up almost entirely of classics, and some eras that are made up mostly of disappointments.

ReplyCopy URL
    Baby Clyde
    Participant
    Topics:

But I wondered if anything specifically happened at the turn of the century to cause the obvious dip in quality.

A Disney film in the 90’s was a big cinematic event. Even if you didn’t go and see it you were still aware of it’s existence. How did they go from such iconic film as Beauty and The Beast and The Lion King to Treasure Planet???

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

But I wondered if anything specifically happened at the turn of the century to cause the obvious dip in quality.

A Disney film in the 90’s was a big cinematic event. Even if you didn’t go and see it you were still aware of it’s existence. How did they go from such iconic film as Beauty and The Beast and The Lion King to Treasure Planet???

I have a theory that a lot of the great writers and creative minds ended up working in the Pixar department instead. In the time that Walt Disney Animation Studios released Fantasia 2000, Dinosaur, The Emperor’s New Groove, Atlantis, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range and Chicken Little, Pixar put out Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. The average Tomatometer rating for the Disney films was 63%. The average for the Pixar films was 97%. The 9 Disney films grossed a total of $1,847,600,000 worldwide. The 3 Pixar films grossed a total of $2,130,900,000. Looks like quality over quantity certainly paid off. But I’m not sure how many of the Disney workers actually jumped ship onto the Pixar team. I’d have to look into it more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

The Emperors new groove by a landslide. Eartha Kitt dominated that film.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Favorite Disney Animated Film: Part 6 (1999-2005)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.