I’m one of the only people that actually really liked Nine but still (500) Days of Summer is one of the best modern romantic comedies
– I remember saying after watching The Hangover that I had never laughed so much in a film in my life. I don´t remember another film after that made me laugh as much either. It not a great film, and it surprised me so much to see it win the globe (something doesn´t seem to match), but it deserved it, if not for the laugh factor.
– Nine, nine, nine. NO. And I really tried liking it (even watched it a few times after in tv). Lewis and Cotillard are good, but not great. I´ll never understand the Cruz nomination (and I love the woman). I only liked two musical numbers: the “Be italian” with Fergie (freakin awesome) and “Cinema italiano” with Hudson (just fun).
– 500 days of summer is amazing. Lovely film, and its awesome that Levitt got his first (of two deserved) nominations.
– There is literally no time I find Its Complicated in tv that I don´t stop changing channels and enjoy it just as the first time. There is something about those Nancy Meyers films that never cease to entertain me time after time. Say what you want, I love them (coming from someone that loaths rom-coms)
– Julie and Julia. Barf…
(500) Days of Summer, not even close. I am in the minority who thinks The Hangover is overrated.
I liked Nine as well but Hangover made me laugh hard.
Yeah I liked The Hangover too but not enough for it to win. I think people overblow it on how much they love the movie but I think it is a funny movie.
1. (500) Days of Summer: brilliant and Oscar-worthy.
2. Julie & Julia: really loved the moody feeling and performances in it.
3. It’s Complicated: fun.
4. The Hangover: fun.
5. Nine: huge mess.