Golden Globe Comedy or Musical Actress 2013

Home // Forums // Polls! // Golden Globe Comedy or Musical Actress 2013

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I think by now people know my feelings to American Hustle most notably Adams’ performance. Dreyfus and Streep win this for me. Gerwig I don’t know really why she was nominated. Before Midnight was such a drama I have no idea why it is here but Julie Delpy is great in it. I’ll give it to Meryl because I thought she was amazing and hilarious in August: Osage County

Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

In love with this line-up:

– Streep: brilliant. Just brilliant
    – Dreyfuss: Why in the hell is this her first film in god knows how long. Such a pleasure to watch her for more than half an hour.
    – Gerwig: I guess it depends on wether you like the film, its tone and the character, along with all its hipstery shades. I did, so I liked her.
    – Adams: I would not have given her the globe, but I sure loved to see her finally win a big awards, and for her first leading nomination! She was really great here.
    – Delpy: I might be biased because of how much I love the film….no…I´m not, she was just as brilliant as the writing and her co-star. It amazes me how nuanced and complex her character is, and the rawness of her performance, as well as the growth compared to the previous films. Why she was snubbed for the oscars I´ll never understand nor forgive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Titanium
    Participant
    Topics:

I couldn’t cope with Streep in this. I thought it was like bad 80s daytime soap opera acting, but so bad it’s not even funny. And that’s coming from someone who loves her in just about every one of her other films, even ones people trash like Doubt.
    Amy Adams won this hands down. Very powerful but subtle, and incredibly heartbreaking. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Entertain-me
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss
    2. Julie Delpy
    3. Greta Gerwig
    4. Amy Adams
    5. Meryl Streep

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Amy Adams – Best performance in her movie and in the category, but only just slightly ahead of…

2. Julie Delpy – While the characters have some witty exchanges this is not a comedy, but I don’t care. Delpy’s amazing, and while she’s not quite as impressive here as in Before Sunset (the best performance from either star in any of the movies, and one of my favorites of all time, can’t believe it was snubbed) she’s still incredible. And honestly if it hadn’t been for already seeing Sunset and comparing the two I’d probably have her ranked first. 

3. Meryl Streep – maybe she was over the top, but I enjoyed it.

4. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss – I wasn’t quite as over the moon about this one as a lot of people, but she’ll still very strong in a perfectly likable movie. And it was nice to see people like her and Delpy in over the more typical but less deserving choices like The Heat ladies or some old british lady in a movie no ones seen (cough cough im looking at you maggie)

AND haven’t seen gerwig. But overall a great year for this category. Overall the comedy categories this year were much more impressive than usual.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

How the freakin’ way it’s not Delpy who’s leading the poll? 

1. Julie Delpy

Gaps… 

2. Meryl Streep
    3. Amy Adams
    4. JLD

N/S Greta Gerwig 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s only because Before Midnight is hardly a comedy in any way. It had a few chuckles but no Julia Louis Dreyfus punchlines 

ReplyCopy URL
    Beyonce
    Participant
    Topics:

none of these are comedic performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

So I have to say that as much as I liked the perfromances, I still feel like Julia Roberts could have won here if she went lead. Anyways, my choice is Adams.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

none of these are comedic performances.

I’m guessing you have never seen Enough Said  

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

“Enough Said” is the only one with a few laughs. But it’s not a laugh-out-loud comedy. The rest were not funny at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Gerwig
    2. Adams
    3. Delpy

Haven’t seen the other two films.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Golden Globe Comedy or Musical Actress 2013

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.