Home Forums Polls! Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – 1992

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – 1992

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been going over a lot of the more peculiar Emmy/Oscar races that occurred in the days before GoldDerby became prominent. Who do you guys think should have won here, and did Nelson really have the best tape?

allabout oscars
    Topics:

IMO  Goodman and Danson were always clearly the best..

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

According to the internet, these were the tapes that we submitted and what I thought of them:
    1)Nelson – “A Real Guy’s Guy” (this actually was really good. I can see how he won)
    2)Danson – “Go Make” (not the best choice for him considering that season he had so many good ones to choose from….I would have gone with “Get Your Kicks on Route 666”)
    3)Grammer – “Planes, Trains, and Visiting Cranes” (solid episode that was really funny but this nomination always struck me as odd)
    4)Burt Reynold – “Callous Hearts of Rage” (I could not find this one online)
    5)Seinfeld – “The Boyfriend” (not my favorite episode that season…..I would have gone with “The Alternate Side”
    6)Goodman – “The Back Story” (He chose a great episode. Kinda surprised he lost)      

Edit: I found ten minutes of the Burt Reynolds episode online. Yeah it was ok.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I’m not sure why the Academy decided to remove the Guest category this year. It certainly led to some rather peculiar results in the supporting and lead fields. Still, Grammer’s lead nom here seems like nothing compared to Christopher Lloyd winning over Scott Bakula and Sam Waterston for a one-off appearance in Road to Avonlea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

John Goodman.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I’m not sure why the Academy decided to remove the Guest category this year. It certainly led to some rather peculiar results in the supporting and lead fields. Still, Grammer’s lead nom here still seems like nothing compared to Christopher Lloyd winning over Scott Bakula and Sam Waterston for a one-off appearance in Road to Avonlea.

That was another odd one. I think Christopher Lloyd was great but it baffles me that Bakula never won. He was the John Hamm at the time. All those nominations and no wins.   

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.