June 12, 2013 at 6:36 am #545013
Vote for the best nominated collective work of the most nominated actresses of Oscar’s history. Minimum of 7 nominations to be included.
Since there are 5 to 10 nominated works difference between top and bottom, I suggest you eliminate your least fav performances for all but those nominated 7 times to equal out and compare or compare them all and the more nominated actors have better odds!!! *Including Davis’ unoffical nod in 34!
Bergman – For Whom the Bell Tolls, Gaslight, The Bells of St. Mary’s, Joan of Arc, Anastasia, Murder On the Orient Express, Autumn Sonata
Davis – Of Human Bondage*, Dangerous, Jezebel, Dark Victory, The Letter, The Little Foxes, Now Voyager, Mr. Skeffington, All About Eve, The Star, Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
Fonda – They Shoot Horses Don’t They?, Klute, Julia, Coming Home, The China Syndrome, On Golden Pond, The Morning After
Garson – Goodbye Mr. Chips, Blossoms In the Dust, Mrs. Miniver, Madame Curie, Mrs. Parkington, Valley of Decision, Sunrise At Campobello
K Hepburn – Morning Glory, Alice Adams, The Philadelphia Story, Woman of the Year, The African Queen, Summertime, The Rainmaker, Suddenly Last Summer, Long Day’s Journey Into Night, Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner?, The Lion In Winter, On Golden Pond
Page – Hondo, Summer and Smoke, Sweet Bird of Youth, You’re a Big Boy Now, Pete ‘n’ Tillie, Interiors, The Pope of Grenwich Village, The Trip To Bountiful
Streep – The Deer Hunter, Kramer vs Kramer, The French Lieutenant’s Woman, Sophie’s Choice, Silkwood, Out of Africa, Ironweed, A Cry In the Dark, Postcards From the Edge, The Bridges of Madison County, One True Thing, Music of the Heart, Adaptation., The Devil Wears Prada, Doubt, Julie & Julia, The Iron LadyJune 12, 2013 at 8:23 am #545015
GarsonJune 12, 2013 at 8:38 am #545016
This is where Streep defeats everyone else by default, she’s the most nominated person ever in Academy history for performance.June 12, 2013 at 9:03 am #545017
5. Bergman (for Autumn Sonata alone!)
Streep vs. Hepburn, Artist vs. StarJune 12, 2013 at 9:57 am #545018
I went ahead and voted Bette Davis…although Meryl Streep could have just as easily gotten my click. Jane Fonda is up there too. Everyone is deserving of consideration except Garson.
dead last: GarsonJune 12, 2013 at 2:37 pm #545019
I figured Streep would win this easily so I went with Katharine Hepburn. Her longevity is unmatched. Although Meryl will get there eventually.June 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm #545020
Don’t forget about Davis’s “Mr. Skeffington”!June 13, 2013 at 1:47 pm #545021
1. Bette Davis
2. Meryl Streep
3. Ingrid Bergman
4. Katharine Hepburn
5. Geraldine Page
6. Jane Fonda
7. Greer GarsonJune 14, 2013 at 4:57 am #545022
Will Garson come anything but last from anyone.
Her success is baffling.June 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm #545024
1. Davis – the best actress of all time along with Anne Bancroft, should have won for All About Eve as well
2. Streep – best actress of the modern day, up there on the list of best of all time, more recently her filmography (based on quality of the films) have been weak though
3. Hepburn – terrific filmography, great actress who would have won for The African Queen in any other year
4. Page – not many remarkable films but many remarkable performances, always tried to challenge herself resulting in terrific, rangeful work
5. Bergman – made a few duds but her good movies were very, very good
6. Fonda – amazing career and talent as an actress but her politics overtook her in the late 70’s
7. Garson – ha.