1. John Lithgow for 3rd Rock from the Sun
2. Kelsey Grammer for Frasier
3. Carroll O’Connor for All in the Family
4. Tony Shalhoub for Monk
5. Ted Danson for Cheers
6. Alan Alda for M*A*S*H
7. Dick Van Dyke for The Dick Van Dyke Show
8. Michael J. Fox for Family Ties AND Spin City
9. Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory
Alec Baldwin for 30 Rock
Especially that episode won him an Emmy where all he did was eat a sandwich.
John Lithgow is one of the best winners in this category ever
Alec Baldwin was good, but one Emmy would have sufficed perfectly
Jim Parsons is an embarrasment to be considered a four-time winner. Maybe only one would work, but four Emmys is way too much for his one-note character on that mediocre show.
Jim Parsons is an embarrasment to be considered a four-time winner.
You kind of take these things for granted after a while or just have them in the back of your mind, so it is good to actually read that Parsons is “a four-time winner” every once in a while and be reminded of how ridiculous that is.
O’Connor IMHO. There is no contest.