1. Amy Poehler for Parks and Recreation
2. Elizabeth Montgomery for Bewitched
3. Ellen DeGeneres for Ellen
4. Phylicia Rashad for The Cosby Show
5. Jane Kaczmarek for Malcolm in the Middle
6. Gracie Allen for The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show
7. Katherine Helmond for Soap
8. Patricia Richardson for Home Improvement
9. Blair Brown for The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd
Amy Poehler definitely. Julia didn’t deserve all 3 of those Emmys and hopefully Poehler can prevail this year (if not her, Lisa Kudrow please). Jane Kaczmarek as well
Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria (Desperate Houseviwes)
Phylicia Rashad. It is patently moronic she only managed two nominations and didn’t win.
Others who should be on this list: Calistia Flockhart for Ally McBeal, Cybill Shephered in both Cybill and Moonlighting, Fran Drescher in The Nanny and Jenna Elfman for Dharma & Greg.
I believe Rashad stopped submitting herself for Emmy consideration for The Cosby Show after her second nomination (1987-1992).
There are few categories that should be more ashamed of themselves than Leading Actress in a Comedy for failing to give Elizabeth Montgomery her due on Bewitched. It is such an iconic and well acted role.
Jane Kaczmarek. Patricia Heaton didn’t need two wins in a row for Everybody Loves Raymond. Also how Bryan Cranston never won and yet worse only had three nominations?
Mary-Louise Parker for Weeds, Season 1.
I went with other based on how many woman havent won this award who should have
*Calista Flockhart–ally mcbeal
*Jenna Elfman–dharma & greg
*Katey Sagal–married with children (not even a nomination)
*Fran Drescher–the nanny