Home Forums Polls! What post-2000 film should Meryl have won her 3rd Oscar for?

What post-2000 film should Meryl have won her 3rd Oscar for?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Cheshire
Actriz
benbraddock
  • dude93
    Topics:

Do you agree with Streep’s third Oscar win for The Iron Lady, or do you think she deserved the gong more for another title?

Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll say Julie & Julia

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Well I think she should have won her third in the 80’s for A Cry in the Dark, her fourth in the 90’s for One True Thing and her fifth in 2006 for The Devil Wears Prada (in supporting).

Haven’t seen Adaptation. She isn’t really worthy of the win (against her competition) for any of the other films.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl was the best in 1988 for  A CRY IN THE DARK….Oscar #3
    Meryl was the best in 1995 for THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY….Oscar #4
    Meryl was the best in 2002 for  ADAPTATION…Oscar #5
    Meryl was the best in 2011 for  THE IRON LADY…..Oscar #6…

If she had won her 3rd in 1988…she still might have lost for The Iron Lady

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

For this particular poll, ADAPTATION. without a doubt.  Only Julianne Moore among the other nominees had any great merit IMO and even then she had no shot for my choice against Streep.

Streep has been my top choice for “A Cry In the Dark”, “Postcards From the Edge”, “One True Thing”, “Adaptation.”, “Julie & Julia” and “The Iron Lady” … She came really, really close to being my top choice for “Silkwood”, “Ironweed” and “The Bridges of Madison County” – but went with Winger, Cher & Thompson instead. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to go with Doubt. It’s one of my fav movies and she was amazing

ReplyCopy URL
    divo
    Participant
    Topics:

None.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Adaptation is my second favorite Streep performance, after A Cry in the Dark.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jalal Haddad
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have been completely fine with her winning her third Oscar for Julie & Julia especially over Sandra Bullock that year. Strictly based off of performance she did not deserve her Oscar for The Iron Lady. It was a caricature performance in a mediocre film.

ReplyCopy URL
    GhostOrchid
    Participant
    Topics:

Adaptation. Without a doubt.
    Everything was perfection.
    But yeah, of course she lost to the more flashy CZJ. (and I don’t hate that win actually, but deep inside me, I wish Meryl would have won that year)

Doubt was the performance I didn’t care a lot, but I still think the movie itself was great. I adore her in TDWP, probably the best character of them all, but borderline supporting and there was no chance she could beat Mirren.
    EVERYONE should have won over Bullock, even Helen Mirren was better than the actual winner. I like SaBu, but that win? No, just no.
    (Though no one should be forced to give back their Oscars, no matter what. Voted/Won is voted/won)
    Maybe that’s why she won for TIL. They simply were tired of waiting. And it’s still a typical Oscar role. Plus, unlike TDWP, Doubt also quite questionable, J&J and A:OC, a true lead one.
    Can’t judge her for A:OC yet, because I have not seen it.

I know people tired and fed up she got all these noms and we can debate over and over again if they are deserved or not, but THAT she still gets these noms is simply astonishing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jackson B
    Participant
    Topics:

such an amazing run of nominatins, that really rivals her 1980s run.

i do believe she should have won for Silkwood and The Cry and The Dark and then again for Bridges of Madison County.

Then I think she should have one for Adaptation, Julia and Julie, The Iron Lady (she is worthy of wins in Doubt but Kate was deserving, she is deserving for AOC but all the others are also and she was deserving in TDWP but loses to Helen Mirren that year was justfied.

So i think Meryl should have 8 Oscar wins.  years where i think she was the very best in the catergory. 

The only nominations that i think werent really jusitifed were Postcards and Music of the Heart.

but she lost out on nominations for Marvins Room and The Hours.  (hell she had to have been close to a nomination for the River Wild bc she got globe and sag nominations for that one also).

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

Julie & Julia.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: What post-2000 film should Meryl have won her 3rd Oscar for?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.