Home Forums Polls! What would have won Best Animated Feature (2000)?

What would have won Best Animated Feature (2000)?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Tyler The Awe..
Daniel B.
Jalal Haddad
  • Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

The Oscar for Best Animated Feature wasn’t introduced until 2001, when Shrek became the inaugural winner of the category.

Which animated feature released in 2000 do you think would have been most likely to win Best Animated Feature had the category existed back then?

Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

While a surprise nominee wouldn’t have been out of the question, I think it’s pretty safe to bet that the nominees would have been Chicken Run, The Emperor’s New Groove and Dinosaur. While I would have personally preferred to see The Emperor’s New Groove win, I think Chicken Run would have easily had this in the bag.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jalal Haddad
    Participant
    Topics:

Haha, I accidentally voted for The Tigger movie but I meant to vote for Rugrsts or Road to El Dorado, but the more I think about it Chicken Run would definitely be the front runner

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicken Run would have won. It got a Globe nomination like Toy Story 2 the year before and it is the best of the line up but I do love The Emperor’s New Groove 

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Chicken Run very easily. Some can say the Wallace and Gromit win in 2005 was compensation of Park’s loss for Chicken Run 

ReplyCopy URL
    tonorlo
    Participant
    Topics:

“Chicken Run” is routinely pointed to as one of the major reasons the Academy instituted the category the following year. It would have won by a healthy margin (although “The Emperor’s New Groove” remains arguably Disney’s sharpest full-fledged comedy).

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally love Road to El Dorado, but Chicken Run probably deserved it the most.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think The Tigger Movie is actually one of the best films I ever saw, and The Road to El Dorado is dumb fun, but I voted for Chicken Run, because it seems right up the Academy’s alley.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Fuck. It’s a tie between Chicken Run and Emperors new Groove.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere Chicken Little is the main reason why their is a Best Animated Feature category. So I think that would’ve won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Chicken Run, not Chicken Little. 

But it kinda astounded me that only in 2001 after many great years of animated films that they decide to make the category, and not in 1995 when the groundbreaking Toy Story or Lion King was released? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

^ Chicken Run, not Chicken Little. 

But it kinda astounded me that only in 2001 after many great years of animated films that they decide to make the category, and not in 1995 when the groundbreaking Toy Story or Lion King was released? 

Or when the whole Disney renaissance occurred starting with the Little Mermaid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]^ Chicken Run, not Chicken Little. 

Or when the whole Disney renaissance occurred starting with the Little Mermaid.[/quote]

Not sure if they should have because there wasn’t as much animated competition as there is now. 1994 or 1995 would have been a logical starting point in my opinion. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”heyitsmegrif4″][quote=”tyman21″]^ Chicken Run, not Chicken Little. 

Or when the whole Disney renaissance occurred starting with the Little Mermaid.[/quote]

Not sure if they should have because there wasn’t as much animated competition as there is now. 1994 or 1995 would have been a logical starting point in my opinion. [/quote]
    I think even as far back as 1992, the year after Beauty and the Beast was nominated for, but did not win Best Picture, would have been a logical starting point for Best Animated Feature. I suppose the 2 Oscars that it won perhaps didn’t give the Academy a sense of urgency to start up a separate category for animated feature films as animated films could “obviously” do well in the music categories (Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Prince of Egypt, Tarzan were all Oscar winners for Best Song, and for the latter three, in Original Score as well). Perhaps with Chicken Run, they realized that the musical categories weren’t always the solution for recognizing great animated films.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

^

Good points, but let’s not forget the stickshoveduptheiranuses factor.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: What would have won Best Animated Feature (2000)?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.