Who should win Best Actor 2012?

Home // Forums // Polls! // Who should win Best Actor 2012?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • CoolHandLuke2012
    Topics:

All these months later its still Phoenix whos performance still haunts and stays with me. He captures every nuance and detail about this man. DDL is also deserving but hes been better elsewhere, I think Phoenix is significantly better than these great actors.

Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Joaquin Phoenix
    2. Daniel Day Lewis
    3. Hugh Jackman
    4. Bradley Cooper
    5. Denzel Washington

ReplyCopy URL
    TheFinalBluth
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re right about Phoenix’s performance in The Master. He was incredible and totally convincing. But I also think DDL and Jackman were incredible. I like Jackman better than DDL, actually. Still, DDL will win. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

Of these 5 it should be Joaquin but John Hawkes not being nominated leaves a BIG hole in this race. 

ReplyCopy URL
    unsunganthem
    Participant
    Topics:

I absolutely loved Phoenix’s performance in The Master. I’ve said many times to many people that that film was my favorite of 2012. The entire cast was superb. Phoenix so perfectly transformed himself into an animalistic creature, completely driven by id. Still, I voted for Day-Lewis because he didn’t just play Abe Lincoln, he became Lincoln. The man is, IMO, the greatest living male actor (with the possible exception of Jack Nicholson). It’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll win his third lead actor Oscar next weekend, and deservedly so.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

From this lineup,  I dont care who wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow. What a great lineup of nominees! Joaquin Phoenix as Freddie Quell, a damaged WWII veteran struggling to adjust to a post-war society. Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States who goes through Hell to pass the 13th Amendment, and also has to fight family battles, as well. Bradley Cooper as Pat Solitano, a mentally ill man who has just been released from a mental institution who is struggling to come to terms with his past mistakes. Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, an ex-convict on the run. Finally, Denzel Washington as William “Whip” Whitaker, a pilot who has addictions to drugs and alcohol who tries valiantly to get clean and get rid of his demons. Even though DDL BECAME Lincoln in this film and will rightfully so win Best Actor next Sunday, Joaquin Phoenix should win for his amazing performance as a man damaged.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, I’m sick of people saying that Denzel Washington shouldn’t have been nominated for Flight. He rightfully belongs here, IMO. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Denzel Washington was good but not better than John Hawkes or Jean Louis Tringtingant.

1.Joaquin Phoenix
    2.Daniel Day Lewis
    3.Hugh Jackman
    4.John Hawkes
    5.Bradley Cooper

6.Jean Louis Tringtingant
    7.Denzel Washington

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Also, I’m sick of people saying that Denzel Washington shouldn’t have been nominated for Flight. He rightfully belongs here, IMO. 

Right there with you! The guy blew me away in “Flight”. I dont get the hate.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Who should win Best Actor 2012?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.