Home Forums Polls! Who Should Win Mini Series/Movie Actress 2014

Who Should Win Mini Series/Movie Actress 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

Discuss who you think SHOULD and WILL win. Sorry, had to create another one because I left someone out!

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I am rooting for two of them: Tyson and Paulson but all are deserving. Whoever wins, it is probably one of the best wins in this catagory in a while in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Return to Zero and Minnie Driver was fantastic! Her performance may be too subtle to win but if she does, it’ll probably one of my favorite Emmy wins of all-time.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

If you get the chance, watch Burton and Taylor. Though the movie isn’t perfect, Carter’s performance is. She really deserves to win but Tyson is a close 2nd for me 

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Lange/Tyson:  First, Lange just won the CCA win!  Tyson may be riding off her Tony win, but her performance in “A Trip to Bountiful” was average at best, unfortunately (and I love Tyson, hence why i’ve had her in my list of AHS ladies for at least 2 years now).  I’ve read that she wasn’t happy with the production for Lifetime, (article from Marcus Dixon) but she tried to make the best of it.  She didn’t have NEAR the character arc as Lange.  I fully thought Tyson would have had me in tears, but I wasn’t, and the performances of Williams/Underwood didn’t help any.  I’m ESPECIALLY rooting for Lange b/c of her losing streak for Sister Jude, which was just criminal, imo.  I can only HOPE Lange wins this year, b/c next year, she’ll be up against Streep (Master Class), Midler (Mae West biopic), and Cate Blanchett (in a tv performance portraying a woman w/cancer.)  My 14′ prediction:  Lange for the win!

Bohman Carter:  In regards to HBCarter, I actually liked “Taylor and Burton,” although Tom O’Neil called it very boring.  I have HBC currently sitting in 2nd place.  I thought Carter did very well, although my mother (a HUGE Taylor fan) continuously stated she had a VERY HARD TIME with Carter being convincing as Taylor.  I, on the other hand, thought it was quite nice. 

Paulson:  In terms of Sarah Paulson, she was basically only a Guest performer, not even really in the ranks of Supporting, but Guest isn’t a submitted category in Movie/Mini at the Emmys.  The fact that she went up to Lead was ONLY b/c Supporting was WAY too full, and for her to miss out on a nomination, at this point in her career, would have been rather embarassing.  I’m not throwing ANY shade at Paulson, b/c I FULLY agree she should have won over Burstyn for Lana Winters in Asylum.  I think Paulson’s Lead nomination is a continued payback for her loss.

Driver:  Minnie Driver did a nice job in her project, though I still only view the movie as a “typical Lifetime movie,” hence why it wasn’t nominated for Movie/Mini, and no other actors were nominated. 

Wiig:  Lastly, what i’m left with, is Kristin Wiig.  Has anyone seen “The Spoils of Babylon?”  I hear she was superb in her role, and that it was one longer, extended SNL skit.  I love her, but I will be reserving my judgements until after I see her in the series.  I think it’s fantastic that she was nominated, but if she does eclipse the likes of Lange/Tyson, then that will be a sight to see!

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

Cicely Tyson is an Emmy favorite. She has three wins and now seven nominations. She won a Tony for this role last year. She clearly is the frontrunner. She has a couple of monologues that helped her performance much more.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

Cicely Tyson is an Emmy favorite. She has three wins and now seven nominations. She won a Tony for this role last year. She clearly is the frontrunner. She has a couple of monologues that helped her performance much more.

I think the Tony is what may give the push towards Tyson, but I just hope the voters will actually watch her Lifetime movie and not just name check b/c they remember her Tony win.  I can only hope that the Move/Mini Acting Categories can be separated in the future, b/c I will forever think that 2-3 monologues in a 2 hour movie hold no weight against 2-3 monologues throughout a 13 hour/episode entire television series.  Lange has 6 Emmy nominations, 2 wins, and has been the staple of a leading television actress for the past 3 AHS seasons now.  I know i’m not alone in thinking that the 1st place votes could be so evenly split, that a dark horse may sneak in for the win.  Either way, considering Lange/Tyson, talk about CLASH OF THE TITANS !!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

Will Win Ciecly Tyson
    Should win Jessica Lange

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange deserves it by a mile. I’m not an insane Lange fan but i will say that she has deserved an emmy for each season of American Horror Story. This season was one of her best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lastly, what i’m left with, is Kristin Wiig.  Has anyone seen “The Spoils of Babylon?”  I hear she was superb in her role, and that it was one longer, extended SNL skit.  I love her, but I will be reserving my judgements until after I see her in the series.  I think it’s fantastic that she was nominated, but if she does eclipse the likes of Lange/Tyson, then that will be a sight to see!”[/quote]

@GraysWay: Watched the whole thing the other day, she was great! I really do think she’s the spoiler in this one. She has a ton of speeches and she was hysterical. What hurts is that not many people have watched it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Rebecca Ferfuson was wrongfully snubbed here for her performance in The White Queen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

If you get the chance, watch Burton and Taylor. Though the movie isn’t perfect, Carter’s performance is. She really deserves to win but Tyson is a close 2nd for me 

I’ll watch it tonight! I feel like she needs to win somewhere because she’s literally been nominated everywhere for the movie. Haha

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I just want Lange to win everything at this point.
    But Carter and Paulson are also superb! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

Rebecca Ferfuson was wrongfully snubbed here for her performance in The White Queen.

This!! She was brilliant in it and so was Janet McTeer. I was so mad that they were snubbed

ReplyCopy URL
    GraysWay
    Participant
    Topics:

I had Rebecca Ferguson and Whoopi Goldberg in my last spots, kept Ferguson, then Driver was picked (which I was okay with).  I also had a major struggle with McTeer/Tolman in the last Mini/Supporting spot, but in the end, I went with Tolman because it seemed like ”the thing to do.”  I would have to watch “The White Queen” before I was able to comment further on it.  I gave “Fargo” a LOT of my time, and from what I can tell, it had a love/hate relationship … and I assume you can decipher which end of the spectrum I ended up on.  If Thornton wins over Ruffalo, I will be VERY upset, but that’s for another conversational topic.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Who Should Win Mini Series/Movie Actress 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.