Home Forums Polls! Who WON’T be nominated for Best Comedy Actor at 2013 Emmys?

Who WON’T be nominated for Best Comedy Actor at 2013 Emmys?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Daniel B.
Marcus Snowde..
  • Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Since there are only six available slots in the Best Lead Comedy Actor category at the Emmys, which of these 7 previous nominees is least likely to get nominated this year?

Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

The logical part of me wants to say Jason Bateman, for a few reasons:

1. he is the only actor from this list who wasn’t nominated for his most recent eligible season
    2. he only had one Emmy nomination for Arrested Development (season 2)
    3. we have no idea how well Season 4 of Arrested Development will be received, considering its departure from its usual ensemble format, and switching over to episodes focused more on individual characters.

However, I am going to make a gamble and say that the buzz for Season 4 will be helped by its growing cult following since the series was last aired, the new season will be warmly welcomed by viewers and critics alike, and that Emmys will want to take this most likely last opportunity to award Arrested Development, a show whose biggest fan in the first place was arguably the Emmys.

I voted for Matt LeBlanc, because I think the absence from last year’s race could hurt his chances. Also, his Golden Globe win is trumped by Don Cheadle’s more recent victory (whose show, House of Lies, has better ratings than LeBlanc’s Episodes). Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Cheadle wasn’t nominated.

Louis C.K. could be a surprise snub (has he won a major award for acting?), but I think momentum for Louie has been building, and he’ll probably be returning to the race this year, along with a stronger showing for his show in other categories as well.

Jon Cryer may receive backlash for his so-called “surprise” win last year, but like I said last year in my article that accurately predicted his win, I think the Emmys really love Cryer in Two and a Half Men, and that we should not count him out of our predictions, since he has been nominated at every single Emmy awards for the last 8 years.

I think Baldwin and Parsons are locks to return. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, Daniel. Matt Le Blanc is the most likely to be snubbed. Parsons, Baldwin, C.K., Cryer, and Cheadle are basically locks. Bateman could be snubbed to include Le Blanc, but I doubt it. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Who WON’T be nominated for Best Comedy Actor at 2013 Emmys?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.