Home Forums Polls! Worst “Best Picture” Nominee (2013)

Worst “Best Picture” Nominee (2013)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Beau S.
nahborghi
Riley
  • rrekydoc
    Participant
    Topics:

Self-explanatory.

nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

Loved “Gravity” and “Her”, liked “12 Years a Slave”, “Dallas Buyers Club” and “Philomena” a lot, didn’t exactly care for “Nebraska”, “American Hustle”, “Captain Phillips” and “Wolf of Wall Street”. It was a strong group of nominees, but of all of them, the one that will be more forgetable will be the black-and-white picture of the bunch.

ReplyCopy URL
    helmetz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

To me, the worst was “Dallas Buyers Club”  — Terrific performances, but TV-movie direction and a by-the-numbers script.   To take a contrary view, I suspect the black-and-white picture of the bunch will still be remembered long after several of these nominees have faded from memory.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Could the people who picked 12 Years explain themselves? It seems like it’s just backlash against its victory…

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

oh my god, i expected backlash for philomena (great movie btw) but so far no vote for it and gravity

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a solid bunch of nominees. No truly bad flicks. Even going back to the five nominee era this is the first time in a while I haven’t aggressively disliked at least one of the Best Picture nominees. That doesn’t mean there weren’t deserving movies that were overlooked for things closer to mediocre. Dallas Buyers Club, American Hustle and Captain Phillips are for me the weakest, but I’d at least give those B’s. On the flip side the only movie from last year I was close to loving, Before Midnight, was snubbed. 

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised American Hustle isn’t getting more votes considering the backlash it got on sites like this. It got my vote, but i don’t think it was a bad movie, just the least good out of the 6 i’ve seen. It was a decent movie among some great ones.

And I think Philomena is just really, lovely is the only word I can think of to describe it. It’s just sweet and kinda huggable so it’s hard ot dislike it, even if you don’t actually like it. it was actually one of my favorites of the year and I was really happy it got in 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Gravity, not even close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

I’m gonna go with Dallas Buyers Club, but even still I really like the film and I think Jean-Marc Vallee is a terrific director. Second worst is American Hustle simply because it’s nothing compared to what David O. Russell is capable of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

Awww, looks like some people are angry that 12 Years a Slave won best picture and are taking out their anger with this poll. Oh how I wonder which posters they could be.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

You probably should have waited a bit to post this poll, emotions are still running high.

Philomena definitely the worst, though I feel bad saying that. I actually liked it a lot, it’s a very good movie. But it just does not belong in amongst these nominees. Inside Llewyn Davis would have been a better choice, or Blue Jasmine. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

Haven´t seen Philomena nor Nebraska, but I wouldn´t say there is a worst in this groop. It was a great line-up. Maybe weekest sounds better ha. I voted for American Hustle but only because its the one I liked the least, but not because I think its bad at all… 

ReplyCopy URL
    DudeAbides
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked 7 of the 9 nominees with 4 of them on my top ten. The two that I didn’t like were Captain Phillips and Wolf of Wall Street. Now, Captain Phillips was a boring two hours where the pay off was shooting three Africans in the head, but I voted for Wolf of Wall Street because with so much talent in front of and behind the camera, it should have been much better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

All good movies, but not sure how people could consider Dallas Buyers Club or American Hustle the very best of the year.  I voted American Hustle because Dallas Buyers Club had more “important” subject matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

My ranking (best to worst)

1. Gravity
    2. 12 Years a Slave
    3. The Wolf of Wall Street
    4. Her
    5. Captain Phillips
    6. Nebraska
    7. American Hustle
    8. Philomena
    9. Dallas Buyers Club 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Worst “Best Picture” Nominee (2013)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.