Worst ”Best Picture” Nominee 2015

Home // Forums // Polls! // Worst ”Best Picture” Nominee 2015

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

So…. If you guys have seen all of them. Choosing the worst has always been more fun than choosing the best.
    I went with The Big Short. I understood what they were trying to do. But didn’t appreciate it. Sometimes the venture has to be felicitated, but not this time.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a good selection of films. Fury Road is the only one I like off of this bunch.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh. Just noticed you were asking about WORST. I voted for Fury Road, which was obviously a mistake. Revenant, Martian and Spotlight are the ones I despise the most.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually liked just about all of them this year, so I went with Bridge of Spies. Despite how much I usually support Spielberg, this was the most average of the lineup, and barely warrants its spot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

“Diet Wolf of Wall Street”

Oh, I mean “The Big Short.”

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s between The Martian and The Big Short (the latter mainly due to lack of originality)

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

All of the above.

ReplyCopy URL
    TerenceFletcher
    Participant
    Topics:

I went with Bridge of Spies although I have to say I enjoyed all these films and think this is a solid crop of nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ve seen four.

4thMad Max: Fury Road. Overrated, it’s not else than a silly action film with nice effects and an incredibly weak script with no depth. MVP: Nicholas Hoult.

3rd Spotlight. Very decent, but hardly remarkable. The ensemble effort is pretty mediocore and the script is underwhelming. MVP: Rachel McAdams.

2nd The Martian. Self-ironic and simple. Thank God it’s not some stupid Hollywood melodrama for once. Matt Damon is devine. MVP: Matt Damon.

1st The Revenant. Visually brilliant, acting-wise strong, story-wise capturing. Well done. MVP: Leonardo DiCaprio.

ReplyCopy URL
    NoLogo
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst: The Revenant followed by Bridge of Spies. I didn’t like either of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Josh Ben-Ami
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked all of them a lot, but The Revenant wasn’t meaningful to me in the same way that other films nominated this year were.

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked them all this year (a pleasant change from last year, where I only liked five), but I did think Bridge of Spies, while enjoyable, was pretty unremarkable. Perhaps it’s because it’s a Spielberg film, and Spielberg films are often pretty predictable, even the good ones, even the some great ones. That might have killed the tension for me. But Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are both really solid, the plane crash sequence is exhilarating, and the production design, costumes, and cinematography are all really impressive.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Worst ”Best Picture” Nominee 2015

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.