American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

Home // Forums // Reality TV // American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
  • vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Cannot wait! Excited is an understatement.
    @Xtina: I have to respectfully disagree with you on most of that but especially the Adam Lambert part. He has had great albums, his tours with Queen and did Rocky Horror for FOX and X Factor Australia (His person won). Seems pretty in demand.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson has joined this fall’s season of The Voice.

So scratch that one from the list.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh well. Had no idea J-Hud was even on “The Voice UK.” I guess she’s keeping it in the family. No reason technically why she couldn’t do this in the fall and “Idol” in the spring, but yes, there’s a huge conflict of interests in doing that. It’s still a huge missed opportunity if some “Idol” alums aren’t on the new judging panel, even if it’s just one (preferably Kelly).

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh well. Had no idea J-Hud was even on “The Voice UK.” I guess she’s keeping it in the family. No reason technically why she couldn’t do this in the fall and “Idol” in the spring, but yes, there’s a huge conflict of interests in doing that. It’s still a huge missed opportunity if some “Idol” alums aren’t on the new judging panel, even if it’s just one (preferably Kelly).

Jennifer will probably be back on The Voice UK next year again, so Idol wouldn’t work. Producers clearly wanted this news out now to overshadow the Idol story. I’m happy for Jennifer, she was great on the UK

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

If she’s doing “The Voice UK” again, then yes, “Idol” wouldn’t work out. I said it was a conflict of interests regardless.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Well somebody at The Voice is pissed that American Idol is coming back. Or NBC is in revenge mode for ABC taking the show (NBC was the first network mentioned when negotiations began).

Kelly Clarkson has been announced as coach for The Voice Season 14 (2018’s spring season).

It’s such a revenge, shady move, that they’re announcing a coach for a season that begins like 10 months from now. Has anybody ever been announced this early?

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

So fucking shady, NBC! Wow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, what is the point of bringing this show back when it’s only been off-air for one year? No one gives a shit about American Idol anymore. There is singing competition fatigue. Kelly Clarkson would fucking suck as a judge. She’ll just tell every contestant how great he/she is. I wouldn’t mind seeing Jennifer Hudson. No one remembers Adam Lambert. I’m bored with Ryan Seacrest. Without Simon Cowell, this show is a gigantic flop.

I give a shit about American Idol. Always have, always will.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

What the fuck is Gucci’s deal? She is so negative all fricking time and thinks literally everyone who isn’t Christina Aguilera sucks. Seriously in all the time I have been on GoldDerby, I don’t think I have heard her say one positive thing about anything.

Also let’s not forget that American Idol was the original and the best singing competition. The Voice is alright, but it’s not really my cuppa tea. I also don’t mind The X Factor from the five or so episodes I actually saw of it. American Idol in concept is evergreen. It’s something that will always be entertaining. Sure after Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey joined that was when the show went truly downhill (I thought it rebounded quite nicely after getting Steven Tyler on), but the show is something that could’ve endured for much longer. Who the hell knows. If Simon had stayed on, maybe the show would still be number one right now. I heard a test that said that during the show’s height that they could went on for another 25 years if they kept doing exactly what they were doing.

And who are you to judge whether or not someone would be a good judge. It’s obvious that you didn’t watch the final season (on Fox) because when Kelly guest judged, she got glowing reviews. Same with Lambert. People still care about both of them. And in this fickle game of music and television, you have no idea what will catch on and what won’t. Who would’ve thought that a silly little cartoon short on The Tracey Ullman show would go on to be a staple of American culture and be on for a grand total of coming on 30 years and have more episodes than Gunsmoke. Or the fact that Weird Al Yankovic who produces silly comedy music would have a career spanning four decades and be able to outlast some of the artist he himself parodied. Nothing is for certain.

I am just saying have an open mind. Maybe American Idol will have a second wind and you will be eating those words. Maybe you are completely correct and it will suck more than a cheap hooker. We don’t know for certain. Just try to and be a little positive and don’t assume things. After all, when you assume, you make an “ass” out of “u” and “me”.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn dude, it’s just American Idol.

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Well the Voice just got Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson … So they wont be on IDOl

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Andrew D.

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
    ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, NBC! I love it, honestly, but that network can be a real bitch sometimes. I mean, I don’t think there was any inkling about doing a show like The Voice, but then Fox announced X-Factor like two years in advance and NBC was like, “Oh, we can do that concept faster than that right?”

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I know. It’s just a very special show that I grew up with. It holds a special place in my heart.

I was also kinda not in a good mood when I wrote it and I wrote some stuff that I kinda regret later on. Sorry about it. I am excited for this revival, warts and all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

ABC approached Simon Cowell to judge in the reboot. He firmly said no and that he had no interest in returning to a time that can never be recreated. He’s also contractually tied to NBC now with a non-compete clause, so that’s that then.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
Reply To: American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.