Home Forums Reality TV American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy Perry feels like the wrong direction to me, but I know plenty of people think she’s great. And obviously not as wrong a direction as Taylor Hicks would be! He could be the greatest judge in the world, but it would be impossible to take him seriously. Even after he won, he’s only like the fifth most successful person from his season, if that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Hicks is a nobody. It’s rather obvious the producers of “American Idol” are desperate. I mean, they want anyone to judge. Next, they will be announcing William Hung as a judge. They should wait until the year 2050 to bring this dreadful show back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodriguez
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Idol as much as anyone but this reboot is looking to be a flop. The reason the Voice is so succesful is because they always have: a relevant/credible R&B person, a nice young female singer,Adam Levine aka the frontman of a band that’s never unpopular, and Blake Shelton, who is a country favorite. They pull the right strings. If Idol wants popularity then they need to get some relevant mediocre or good pop star, a credible artist with popularity, and a country favorite.
    They should try getting Selena Gomez. As much as an inept bland pop star she is, she is insanley popular. Taylor Swift will also be a popular choice. Get Chris Stapleton as the country favorite and Chris Martin as the credible choice and you get yourself a hit show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Bringing Idol back is very unnecessary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie and Nikki Sixx allegedly on board to judge for $3-5m each. Total cost Sixx, Richie, Perry & Secrest looking to be $45-50m

http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/american-idol-reboot-looks-like-its-going-to-cost-a-fortune/

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie as a judge? I’m down. But who the hell is Nikki Sixx?

Also, I feel it should be important that for as long as the first season there always has been a two-men one-woman dynamic on Idol, so I doubt that two women and one man will join the judging panel. Sorry to sound sexist, but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Even The Voice had like one female coach for several years.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie as a judge? I’m down. But who the hell is Nikki Sixx?

Motley Crew. I am shocked at the possibility but so damn happy at the same time since he basically writes all the bands songs and is a great bassist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh it’s a guy. He spelled his name like “Nikki” which is a common name for women, so that was my confusion. Also never heard of him prior to this announcement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

yuck this is gonna tank ..

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh it’s a guy. He spelled his name like “Nikki” which is a common name for women, so that was my confusion. Also never heard of him prior to this announcement.

A lot of people probably haven’t unless they are a fan of the band to be honest. To be frank, if they wanted a really big rock person (like when they got Steven Tyler) they should have gotten someone like Jon Bon Jovi, Billie Joe Armstrong, Elvis Costello, maybe tried to get back Steven Tyler, the list could go on and on. While Nikki is a big get to people like me he isn’t exactly an appeal for the masses. I wonder why they didn’t get Daughtry like it was rumored awhile back.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

This is still a thing?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luis Vigário
    Participant
    Topics:

The rumoured judges names are odd.
    I think they new to ‘fresh it up’ the format. And in order to do that I think they need on the panel names that people care about and are apealing to younger viewers.
    Katy Perry is good. She was great during her guest spot on X Factor UK and American Idol.
    But I mean no one knows Nikki Sixx. He is not a worldwide reference. He’s not appealing to younger viewers. I’m not saying that he is a bad artist, because I truly don’t know him. But I mean there are many name far more interesting. They are remake the show. So they should not make the same mistakes they did in the past.
    I get Lionel Ritchie. He is a global superstar.

But I’m gonna give a few examples of panels that I think would be better and would allow to recreate/remake the show.

Katy Perry – Nick Jonas – Lionel Ritchie
    [Nick is appealing to younger generations. He’s on the music industry since very young. He knows what it takes]

Katy Perry – Harry Styles – Lionel Ritchie
    (You want your show to sell magazines, to be on the top of the ratings charts, so Harry is the perfect choice. He knows what is selling right now. He’s an amazing songwriter he could help the new idol to succeed in the industry)

Katy Perry – Michael Bublé – Kelly Rowland
    (Pop + Jazz + R&B – Idol loves to mix it up. Michael is very charismatic, he’s liked in all ages. Kelly is an amazing judge, she was on The X Factor UK and US and on The Voice Australia. Sometimes the big names (and she is a big name- dont get me wrong) are boring on this kind of panels (ex. Britney, Mariah). But she’s knows ‘how to play the game’, she’s funny and charismatic. We could expect some gifs with her amazing reactions)

Katy Perry – Billie Joe Armstrong – Carrie Underwood
    (Pop + Rock + Country [BONUS POINTS: American Idol Alumni]. That would be great. But if they want to leave FOX’s American Idol out of trace… Maren Morris would be a great replacement for Carrie. )

Katy Perry + John Legend + Bebe Rexha
    (John Legend was a mentor on Duets [an ABC format] and was great on it. Bebe is young, has many followers, has a very good curriculum so far and she was a great judge on BBC’s Pitch Battle)

Katy Perry + Jon Bon Jovi + Kesha
    (Katy and Kesha are long time friends, so they chemistry would shine. Jon Bon Jovi is a freaking legend. Kesha was great as a guest judge on X Factor Australia and was also great on Rising Star (ABC talent show))

Katy Perry + P Diddy + Thomas Rhett
    (I would like to see Diddy on this to be honest.)

Katy Perry + Adam Lambert + Hilary Duff
    (That would be fun)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have not found any evidence saying Ryan is hosting. The title is a lie :'(

But I really like the idea of Billie Joe or Steven Tyler judging. If I had to pick though, I suppose it will be Katy + Billie Joe + ??? (probably a younger person like Nick Jonas or something).

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy Perry + P Diddy + Thomas Rhett
    (I would like to see Diddy on this to be honest.)

Now that I am picturing it, this could be fun if they go that route

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok given that “BoyBand” is flopping hard, I wonder if they could get Timbaland or Nick Carter for Idol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.