Home Forums Reality TV American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

American Idol to Return in March 2018 on ABC. Ryan Seacrest to Host.

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Timbaland would be cool. Nick Carter is a has-been though so I do not think it would be a good idea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luis Vigário
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, Timbaland would also be a great addition. I would like to see him with Katy and Bebe Rexha (I think she is a superstar ready to explode worldwide. She’s gaining her public slowly and is very talented. She is on the bussiness for 10 years and was great as a judge on Pitch Battle (BBC)).

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Ryan Seacrest is officially back as host.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie and Charlie Puth are in “advanced talks” to join Katy Perry as judges in the new “Idol” reboot. There is a possibility of a four-person panel. Luke Bryan and Keith Urban are also being considered.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Love the idea of Lionel,Charlie, Katy, and Keith. Honestly like Keith better than Luke personality wise. BUT if I had to chose only two to join Katy at the table, they would be Lionel and Keith (It would have a pop singer that is probably going to be a tough judge just based on her guest judging that time, a freaking legend that is probably going to be like Randy but more eloquent, and a returning judge that really was great on his seasons).

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Luke Bryan is the second judge. Meh.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Love Luke Bryan so I’m excited but I can understand why people aren’t thrilled by him being a judge at the same time. So I’m guessing this rules out the return of Keith Urban since that fills the country singer spot. Going to guess a rock person to have the best of all worlds on the judging panel

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie is confirmed. (Whatever…)

The show starts filming next tuesday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

this is going to be horrible and ruin the brand for good… its sad

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Lionel Richie is the best choice of the three actually, but it’s such an uninspired, passionless judging panel as a whole. If they could have snagged someone like Janet or Madonna for the reboot, that would have been incredible. This is just so meh all around.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I just got a look at the initial paperwork the contestants have to go through, and noticed two things.

First, this season is called “American Idol on ABC, Season 1.”

Second, there is no mention of being disqualified if you made it past a certain point in any previous season.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Love this judging panel but to jump off what That Don Guy said, previous contestants that fit the age range can come back I guess and that could be fun but I’ picturing a lot of the annoying ones coming back too

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Luke Bryan as a judge. What in the Blake Shelton is going on! Horrible choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“AMERICAN IDOL” PREMIERE DATE REVEALED
    By: Variety Staff | Nov 6, 2017, 9:53 AM

“American Idol” will premiere on Sunday night, March 11 at 8 p.m., Ryan Seacrest announced on “Live with Kelly and Ryan” this morning.

The ABC reboot features judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie and auditions have been taking place throughout the country for the last month. Seacrest returns as host of the series which launched his career back in 2002.

ABC’s revival of the long-running Fox series was announced back in May. Perry was revealed to be a judge shortly after the deal at ABC was made, for a salary of $25 million, with Bryan’s announcement coming in September and Richie rounding out the panel shortly after.

The network and producers had trouble filling out the show’s talent roster after signing Perry’s deal. Seacrest later struck a deal that gave him $15 million to host this season, and the Perry and Seacrest agreements left fewer than $10 million in the initial talent budget ABC laid out for the show. But Richie and ABC were finally able to come to terms aster a search that saw names such as Charlie Puth, Keith Urban, Scooter Braun, Dolly Parton, Common, and Troy Carter rumored and considered.

FremantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment, a division of CORE Media Group, produce the show with FremantleMedia International handling worldwide distribution.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I kinda love the choices for the judging panel. You have a legend, someone relevant and a country star. That’s kind of a great mix, although I think Keith would’ve been better than Luke because Keith is more popular but whatever.

I am still excited for this new season, how could I not?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.