Home Forums Reality TV American Idol Season 16

American Idol Season 16

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
vinny
Tyler [Last N..
Atypical
  • vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so just my ranking on the top 24 but that would be my top 12 favs THUS far.
    1)Caleb Lee Hutchinson
    2)EFFIE PASSERO
    3)Michael Woodard
    4)JURNEE
    5)ADAM SANDERS/ADA VOX
    6)Brandon Diaz
    7)Garrett Jacobs
    8)Maddie Poppe
    9)Ron Bultonge
    10)MARCIO DONALDSON
    11)JONNY BRENNS
    12)CATIE TURNER
    13)Layla Spring
    14)Kay Kay
    15)Cade Foehner
    16)MARA JUSTINE
    17)Michelle Sussett
    18)Alyssa Raghu
    19)SHANNON O’HARA
    20)Amelia Hammer Harris
    21)Trevor McBane
    22)GABBY BARRETT
    23)Dominique
    24)DENNIS LORENZO

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

This show will always be so much better than the Voice. Last time I tried to watch it I couldn’t get past the blind auditions. With Idol, I honestly can’t wait for it to go on and I’m liking it as much as I did before.

They got some nice people this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems like Lane was a fan fav because now that he is gone people seem to be pissed.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

There is a list of the celebrity-contestant duet pairings somewhere on GD, but it also spoils which ones got into the top 14.

The 24 will be split into two groups of 12; one group sings solos on Sunday 4/8 and duets on Monday 4/9, and the other 12 on 4/15 and 4/16.

The 4/9 duets:
    Brandon Diaz & Luis Fonsi
    Cade Foehner & Bishop Briggs
    Catie Turner & Andy Grammer
    Dennis Lorenzo & Allen Stone
    Dominique & Aloe Blacc
    Gabby Barrett & Sugarland
    Jonny Brenns & Andy Grammer
    Kay Kay & Pat Monahan
    Layla Spring & Sugarland
    Michael J. Woodard & Pat Monahan
    Michelle Sussett & Luis Fonsi
    Trevor McBane & Bishop Briggs

The 4/16 duets:
    Ada Vox & Lea Michele
    Alyssa Raghu & Banners
    Amelia Hammer Harris & Bebe Rexha
    Caleb Lee Hutchinson & Bebe Rexha
    Effie Passero & Cam
    Garrett Jacobs & Colbie Caillat
    Jurnee & Lea Michele
    Maddie Poppe & Colbie Caillat
    Mara Justine & Rachel Platten
    Marcio Donaldson & Allen Stone
    Ron Bultongez & Banners
    Shannon O’Hara & Cam

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Just my ranking of the 12 from last night’s SOLO performances Gonna put the 6 I think will go through now .
    1)Cade Foehner: He nailed that. Easily through to the top 6.
    2)Gabby Barrett: Same thing I said about Cade
    3)Jonny Brenns: Same thing I said about Cade
    4)Michael J. Woodard: Same thing I said about Cade
    5)Brandon Diaz: I loved this but if this was a live round he would be gone.
    6)Catie Turner: She is a conundrum. I love her voice and I honestly don’t know how voters will react to her.

7)Layla Spring: She was good but didn’t make me go wow
    8)Dominique: This was fun. Not great though.
    9)Trevor McBane: The disappointment of the night for me. Boring
    10)Michelle Sussett: So as good as her voice is, I am getting bored by her as well.
    11)Dennis Lorenzo: His worst in my opinion.
    12)Kay Kay: I forgot about her.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Just my ranking of the 12 from last night’s SOLO performances Gonna put the 6 I think will go through now .

Keep in mind that there are 14 finalists. I didn’t see the episode, so I don’t know if they mentioned whether or not it was necessarily going to be seven chosen from each group of 12.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Who is that guy talking to contestants and why is he necessary? Why do they pretend that everybody knows who he is?

Are they grooming him for when the harrassment allegations finally get to Ryan after E! and ABC did their job rescuing him? He looks like him, acts like him, talks like him. Or is he finally going to miss some shows after 15 seasons due to his daytime job?

Last week was weird when they had Chris Harrison do the intro, of course it was April Fool’s, but it also felt like another “just in case #metoo gets to me, here’s your new host!”.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Keep in mind that there are 14 finalists. I didn’t see the episode, so I don’t know if they mentioned whether or not it was necessarily going to be seven chosen from each group of 12.

Should have clarified what I meant better: Those 6 were the ones I was sure that were going through based on their first performances. The rest really was a toss up as far as they could go through but they weren’t WOW to me

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok the duets all were AWESOME in my opnion except for Dominque. So That was fun. Andy Grammer…..YESSSSSSSS

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

This is how I would rank them based on last night’s performances (bolding the 7 I think will go through at the moment obviously subject to change based on duets):
    1)Ada Vox
    2)Marcio Donaldson
    3)Caleb Lee Hutchinson

4)Shannon O’Hara
    5)Jurnee
    6)Garrett Jacobs
    7)Effie Passero
    8)Mara Justine

9)Alyssa Raghu
    10)Amelia Hammer Harris
    11)Maddie Poppe
    12)Ron Bultongez

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

According to the press releases TheFutonCritic has received, the remaining schedule is:

Monday 4/16 – remaining duets & rest of the Top 14 announced

Sunday 4/22 – Top 14 perform
    Monday 4/23 – Cut to 10

Sunday 4/29 – “Disney Night”; Top 10 perform; cut to 7
    (no more Monday episodes until the finale as DWTS starts Monday 4/30)

Sunday 5/6 – Top 7 perform; cut to 5

Sunday 5/13 – Top 5 perform; may or may not be a cut

Sunday 5/20 – Finalists perform
    Monday 5/21 – Winner announced

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

So this is my ranking of the top 14 (with reasoning why):
    1)Cade Foehner: He is easily my fav of the bunch out of the guys (I’m gonna put Ada under female).
    2)Ada Vox: Wig Thrown. She has all the goods to win this.
    3)Caleb Lee Hutchinson: Something about him screams “star” to me. Plus, his voice is gold.
    4)Marcio Donaldson: I’m over the crying from this guy. Other than that, rock on sir.
    5)Jonny Brenns: He is a surprise. He has grown leaps and bounds. Also, semi-boring at times.
    6)Jurnee: Love her. She is the whole package but there is one thing about her that slightly bugs me: She doesn’t really step out of the whole ballad style.
    7)Michael J. Woodard: Ok so on one hand he is peaking at the right time. On the flip side, I still don’t know where he can land if he wins this genre wise
    8)Mara Justine: So last night blew my mind because she wasn’t so “Bam Bam Bam look at me” and I loved it. Stick like that but nailing the vocals and no more hair flipping.
    9)Gabby Barrett: She has one amazing voice but at the same time I think she tries too hard to be like Carrie Underwood and rarely does her true personality get let out on stage.
    10)Garrett Jacobs: Ok so his voice is great and he is getting to be more fun to watch BUT something still feels like its missing.
    11)Dennis Lorenzo: Ok so great voice but him and Marcio won’t make it to the top 10. Similar styles and all that but Marcio sings circles around him.
    12)Michelle Sussett: Fun. A LOT of fun. A darkhorse if America thinks the same way I do. Saying that, I think she will not win this whole thing anyways.
    13)Catie Turner: Honestly, not sure if America likes her or likes making fun of her based on social media.
    14)Maddie Poppe: I hated her duet.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Sunday 4/29 – “Disney Night”

Figured as much. Works on DWTS but this might turn into Disney ballad night

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

I received some flak for a similar statement in the past, but I want to say that there has never been an LGBT winner of American Idol to date (that we know of). The two gay/bisexual runner-ups who were arguably better than the winners were Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert and that was the closest they ever got to. So for that reason and because history is doomed to repeat itself and because ABC is a far “safer” network than FOX, I do not think Jurnee or Ada Vox will win this. It is far more likely that a straight white male bland boring singer will again because they won the previous two seasons. I am personally rooting for Marcio because I think he is a solid gold star, but be sure to watch out for Garrett and Michael J. and possibly Mara to be spoilers.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

So this is my ranking of the top 14 (with reasoning why):
    1)Cade Foehner: He is easily my fav of the bunch out of the guys (I’m gonna put Ada under female).
    2)Ada Vox: Wig Thrown. She has all the goods to win this.
    3)Caleb Lee Hutchinson: Something about him screams “star” to me. Plus, his voice is gold.
    4)Marcio Donaldson: I’m over the crying from this guy. Other than that, rock on sir.
    5)Jonny Brenns: He is a surprise. He has grown leaps and bounds. Also, semi-boring at times.
    6)Jurnee: Love her. She is the whole package but there is one thing about her that slightly bugs me: She doesn’t really step out of the whole ballad style.
    7)Michael J. Woodard: Ok so on one hand he is peaking at the right time. On the flip side, I still don’t know where he can land if he wins this genre wise
    8)Mara Justine: So last night blew my mind because she wasn’t so “Bam Bam Bam look at me” and I loved it. Stick like that but nailing the vocals and no more hair flipping.
    9)Gabby Barrett: She has one amazing voice but at the same time I think she tries too hard to be like Carrie Underwood and rarely does her true personality get let out on stage.
    10)Garrett Jacobs: Ok so his voice is great and he is getting to be more fun to watch BUT something still feels like its missing.
    11)Dennis Lorenzo: Ok so great voice but him and Marcio won’t make it to the top 10. Similar styles and all that but Marcio sings circles around him.
    12)Michelle Sussett: Fun. A LOT of fun. A darkhorse if America thinks the same way I do. Saying that, I think she will not win this whole thing anyways.
    13)Catie Turner: Honestly, not sure if America likes her or likes making fun of her based on social media.
    14)Maddie Poppe: I hated her duet.

I don’t mean to be one of those guys especially since I received a lot of flak and hatred for previous statements, but technically Adam is a male and he is simply using Ada as a “character” or a “persona”.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
Reply To: American Idol Season 16

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.