October 15, 2014 at 9:53 pm #554546
Awards fans, we want to know if the Golden Globes should add a Best Reality TV Series category to their ceremony?
The film side already takes over most of the Golden Globes kudos, so adding more TV categories is definitely a great idea to balance things out.
But is a Best Reality TV Series race the way to go? Vote in our poll!October 15, 2014 at 10:16 pm #554548
I would prefer if they didn’t. I agree with you that they should make more TV categories, but I think they should make a Best Animated Series category or seperate the supporting performances into 4 different categories, two for each gender with one of them for Movies/Mini-Series and the other for Comedy/Drama.October 15, 2014 at 10:31 pm #554549
Yeah the Suppoting Category needs workOctober 15, 2014 at 11:06 pm #554550
I’d rather see them add a Variety Series category.October 16, 2014 at 6:40 am #554551
I would love the for the Globes to add more categories on the T.V. side! However, I think the first thing they need to work on is splitting the supporting categories up!!October 16, 2014 at 9:02 am #554552
Golden Globes aren’t supposed to be taken seriously, so why not? Get ready for the Kardashians and Real Housewives! LOL
But seriously it would be nice to see underappreciated reality shows like Survivor (if it has another great season) get recognized here.October 16, 2014 at 10:00 am #554553
Sure, but I’d like to see more pressing changes made first, like splitting the genre supporting categories up, for example.October 16, 2014 at 10:08 am #554554
I support this!October 16, 2014 at 12:47 pm #554555
The Golden Globes should stick to only recognizing scripted television.October 16, 2014 at 10:06 pm #554556
There are a lot of categories the Golden Globes could add. I suppose a shortage is what happens when you have an award that covers television and film. But hey, if the Grammys can have 83 categories, then I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be ludicrous for the Golden Globes to add a few more to their existing 25 competitive categories (14 in film, 11 in TV).
Some categories I think should be added or strongly considered:
- Best Supporting Actor in a Television Comedy Series
- Best Supporting Actress in a Television Comedy Series
- Best Supporting Actor in a Television Drama Series
- Best Supporting Actress in a Television Drama Series
- Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Director in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Writing in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Animated Series
- Best Reality Series
October 17, 2014 at 1:05 am #554557
- Best Original Screenplay + Best Adapted Screenplay (or: Best Comedy Screenplay + Best Drama Screenplay, since that’s how they like to divide most of their film categories)
- Best Cinematography (previously awarded, retired category)
- Best Editing
- Best Costumes & Makeup
- Best Documentary Film (previously awarded, retired category)
- Best Ensemble Cast
- Best Casting
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Sound Editing & Mixing
- Best Set/Production Design
- Best Voiceover Performance
Maybe, who cares?October 27, 2014 at 12:13 am #554558
How about some categories for Daytime TV? Perhaps, Best Daytime Drama; Outstanding Talk Show and Outstanding Childrens or Educational Show?
Daytime has long been ignored. I suppose the reason they aren’t considered is that they likely don’t get any coverage by the foreign press?
At the very least they should split up the Supporting Categories!October 27, 2014 at 12:14 am #554559
Nobody takes these seriously anyway so why not bring back categories like:
New Star of The Year and the long retired “Henrietta” awards (which were World Film Favorite- Male and Female)…
They could also do something line Breakthrough Film Performance and Breakthrough TV Performance.
or Outstanding New Series of The Year; or if they wanted to just be silly, something like Sequel or Franchise Film of The year…
Of course I’m being silly with some of these..
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.