2017: Tennis Grand Slams – Australian Open

Home // Forums // Sports // 2017: Tennis Grand Slams – Australian Open

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jakub Neumann Jake 4 days, 21 hours ago.

• Profile photo of Jakub NeumannJake
    Participant
    Total Topics

I think Taylor Fritz is going to have a very bright future and it’s fun to see him at this stage.

I just saw him for the first time against David Ferrer in Miami. He lost 1st set TB and didn’t recover, match lost intensity since then, but he showed a great promise. 

Profile photo of Jakub NeumannJake
    Participant
    Total Topics

Another year approaches, another Australian Open is soon on. Major shake-ups at the top with both S. Williams and Djokovic losing top spots to Kerber and Murray, respectively. Both male and female fields are now more open than I remember in years. I wonder how Sharapova and Azarenka will fare after their comebacks, when will Kvitova return after this f*king knife-attack and if this is an end of BIG 4 as only Murray holds up after years of intensive playing are taking its toll on the remaining 3.

Profile photo of TessabellTessabell
    Participant
    Total Topics

Federer proved that he’s still going strong at 35.

Best tennis player of the open era

Profile photo of Jakub NeumannJake
    Participant
    Total Topics

It was great tournament and both semi-finals and final of male competition were top-notch. Great cinderella stories for both semi-finalists of women’s singles, Mirjana Lucić-Baroni and Coco Vandeweghe, and of course another final for Venus Williams. I was rooting for her vs. Serena. Faster surface really did help stronger and more athletic players, defensive ones all came down in Week 1.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.