Home Forums Sports Baseball Hall of Fame- Class of 2015

Baseball Hall of Fame- Class of 2015

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

On January 6th, the voting results from the Baseball Hall of Fame will be revealed. Who do you guys think should be in or shouldn’t be?

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, and John Smoltz are locks. Craig Biggio missed by only 2 votes last year to receive the needed 75%. I’ll be pretty pissed if he misses out again. He should’ve made it on his first try in 2013. Nobody else has a chance. I think 1955 is the last time the BBWAA elected four players. They just missed achieving that last year. Let’s see if it happens this time.

Full ballot:

Rich Aurilia, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Tony Clark, Roger Clemens, Carlos Delgado, Jermaine Dye, Darin Erstad, Cliff Floyd, Nomar Garciaparra, Brian Giles, Tom Gordon, Eddie Guardado, Randy Johnson, Jeff Kent, Edgar Martínez, Pedro Martínez, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Mark McGwire, Mike Mussina, Troy Percival, Mike Piazza, Tim Raines, Curt Schilling, Jason Schmidt, Gary Sheffield, Lee Smith, John Smoltz, Sammy Sosa, Alan Trammell, Larry Walker

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

This are the ten guys I put on my ballot:

1. Randy Johnson
    2. Pedro Martinez
    3. John Smoltz
    4. Craig Biggio
    5. Barry Bonds
    6. Roger Clemens
    7. Jeff Bagwell
    8. Mike Piazza
    9. Tim Raines
    10. Alan Trammell 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Curt Schilling
    Sammy Sosa
    Larry Walker
    Don Mattingly
    Randy Johnson
    Pedro Martinez
    John Smoltz

These guys should get in this year for sure. Especially Schilling (who I thought got in a while ago).          

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Sammy Sosa will likely fall off the ballot. He only received 7.2% last year. Steroids will keep him out for good. Curt Schilling has only been on the ballot twice.

My votes:

Jeff Bagwell
    Craig Biggio
    Barry Bonds
    Roger Clemens
    Randy Johnson
    Edgar Martínez
    Pedro Martínez
    Mike Piazza
    Curt Schilling
    John Smoltz

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Curt Schilling
    Sammy Sosa
    Larry Walker
    Don Mattingly
    Randy Johnson
    Pedro Martinez
    John Smoltz

These guys should get in this year for sure. Especially Schilling (who I thought got in a while ago).          

I believe that Mattingly is a Hall of Famer, but I didn’t have enough room on my ballot to vote for him. Walker is also a HOFer, IMO. Yes, there is the Coors Field inflation thing, but he was still a very productive player in Montreal and St. Louis (not to mention that it is a stupid argument. Walker and Helton, who is also a HOFer in my view, couldn’t help where they played. Also, Petco Park is WAY more hitter-friendly than Coors is).

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Petco Park is WAY more hitter-friendly than Coors is).

Wait. What? Petco Park is a pitcher’s park.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”msnowden1″]Also, Petco Park is WAY more hitter-friendly than Coors is).

[/quote]Have you seen the left field, right field and center field walls there? They’re short as shit. Also, the second decks there are like the first deck in any other park. Not to mention that there is not one dimension that is 400 feet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to start off by saying that
    the 10 vote limit is ridiculous, and this year is a kind of year where NOT voting
    for 10 guys would feel like some sort of crime. With that being said, if I had
    a vote this would be my ballot:

1. Barry Bonds
    2. Roger Clemens
    3. Randy Johnson
    4. Tim Raines
    5. Pedro Martinez
    6. Jeff Bagwell
    7. Mike Piazza
    8. Curt Schilling
    9. Mike Mussina
    10. John Smoltz

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I would like to start off by saying that
    the 10 vote limit is ridiculous, and this year is a kind of year where NOT voting
    for 10 guys would feel like some sort of crime. With that being said, if I had
    a vote this would be my ballot:

1. Barry Bonds
    2. Roger Clemens
    3. Randy Johnson
    4. Tim Raines
    5. Pedro Martinez
    6. Jeff Bagwell
    7. Mike Piazza
    8. Curt Schilling
    9. Mike Mussina
    10. John Smoltz

I completely agree with you on the 10 vote limit. It is pretty stupid and I can think of a ton of people who would be in by now if it weren’t for this rule and the equally unfair character clause. 

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”24Emmy”]

[quote=”msnowden1″]Also, Petco Park is WAY more hitter-friendly than Coors is).

[/quote]Have you seen the left field, right field and center field walls there? They’re short as shit. Also, the second decks there are like the first deck in any other park. Not to mention that there is not one dimension that is 400 feet.[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

^ #1 Coors Field vs. #29 Petco Park

ReplyCopy URL
    Javier V
    Topics:

Petco Park is a picher’s park, no doubt about it. The walls are short, but the ball doesn’t carry there at all. That ocean air will knock the ball down quick at night games. Coors Field has that mile-high altitude that helps the ball carry once its been hit. Plus, the altitude doesn’t allow the ball to have that break that pitchers need to get hitters out. It becomes flat most of the time it happens and hitters pounce on them.

My list:

Johnson
    Martinez, P
    Martinez, E 
    Smoltz
    Biggio
    Raines
    Bagwell
    Bonds
    Clemens
    Piazza               

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a question for you guys: Is Mark McGwire Hall of Fame-worthy? Me, personally, I don’t think so because he is an admitted steroid user. Also, IMO, if he didn’t use them, he still wouldn’t be one because he was a one-dimensional player. Outside of hitting home runs, he didn’t really bring much else to the table. Now, I know what some of you are thinking.”You put Bonds and Clemens on your ballot, and they took PEDs”. Well, if they did, it hasn’t been proven yet. Do I have suspicions? Of course I do. But, like they say, they are innocent until proven guilty. As long as it hasn’t been proven, then I will continue to vote for them. And, yes, IMO, Barry Bonds is the true home run king.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a question for you guys: Is Mark McGwire Hall of Fame-worthy? Me, personally, I don’t think so because he is an admitted steroid user. Also, IMO, if he didn’t use them, he still wouldn’t be one because he was a one-dimensional player. Outside of hitting home runs, he didn’t really bring much else to the table. Now, I know what some of you are thinking.”You put Bonds and Clemens on your ballot, and they took PEDs”. Well, if they did, it hasn’t been proven yet. Do I have suspicions? Of course I do. But, like they say, they are innocent until proven guilty. As long as it hasn’t been proven, then I will continue to vote for them. And, yes, IMO, Barry Bonds is the true home run king.

Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa wouldn’t have their numbers if not for their steroid usage. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were already on track for Hall of Fame careers before the Steroid Era took place. Thus, it’s fine to say McGwire is out and Bonds and Clemens deserve to be inducted.

2014’s BBWAA vote percentages:

Roger Clemens — 35.4%

Barry Bonds — 34.7%

Mark McGwire — 11.0%

Sammy Sosa — 7.2%

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”msnowden1″]I have a question for you guys: Is Mark McGwire Hall of Fame-worthy? Me, personally, I don’t think so because he is an admitted steroid user. Also, IMO, if he didn’t use them, he still wouldn’t be one because he was a one-dimensional player. Outside of hitting home runs, he didn’t really bring much else to the table. Now, I know what some of you are thinking.”You put Bonds and Clemens on your ballot, and they took PEDs”. Well, if they did, it hasn’t been proven yet. Do I have suspicions? Of course I do. But, like they say, they are innocent until proven guilty. As long as it hasn’t been proven, then I will continue to vote for them. And, yes, IMO, Barry Bonds is the true home run king.

Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa wouldn’t have their numbers if not for their steroid usage. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were already on track for Hall of Fame careers before the Steroid Era took place. Thus, it’s fine to say McGwire is out and Bonds and Clemens deserve to be inducted.

[/quote]I agree with that, as well. What about Rafael Palmeiro, though?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.