US Open 2015 (final Grand Slam of this TENNIS season)

Home // Forums // Sports // US Open 2015 (final Grand Slam of this TENNIS season)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

Serena’s draw is insane this year – the one to watch. Whom will she meet in her 3rd round – Bethanie, Coco or Sloane?

Novak & Nole again for the quarterfinals, if both will advance there. 

tennisfreak
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Sloane will be her third round opponent whom she will beat in two tight sets. I’m so pumped for this one!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

^^Their matches are always interesting, especially given their “friendship” off-court. I will wait for another epic Grand Slam 3-setter between Madison Keys and Agnieszka Radwanska (and the first outside of Wimbledon).

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Sloane will be her third round opponent whom she will beat in two tight sets. I’m so pumped for this one!

And then Sloane is gone. Not only her – 6 out of 15 seeds went out:

Ana Ivanovic (7.) – last year 2nd round [but she had the toughest opponent, Dominika Cibulkova]
    Karolina Pliskova (8.) – last year 3rd round
    Carla Suarez Navarro (10.) – last year 3rd round
    Jelena Jankovic (21.) – last year 4th round
    Sloane Stephens (29.) – last year 2nd round
    Svetlana Kuznetsova (30.) – last year 1st round

Not to mention Maria Sharapova withdrawing, which is unfair – as she has done it after the draw ceremony.  

On the men’s side, the only true shocker is Kei Nishikori (4.), runner-up last year, losing to Benoit Paire. 

ReplyCopy URL
    tennisfreak
    Participant
    Topics:

Pretty slow day yesterday apart from Safarova losing and withdrawing from doubles (sucks for Bethanie). Looking forward to seeing Serena try to make it 30 in a row!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

Kinda shame that Kiki Bertens wasn’t able to close that first set. I’m tired of watching Serena like this. Get your act together, please!

ReplyCopy URL
    tennisfreak
    Participant
    Topics:

God dammit

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

That was the most shocking result not only in tennis but in entire sport in at least 30 years. Nothing in the world indicated that Roberta Vinci might win over Serena but she did it in style. Serena’s best performance of the tournament – if not the whole year – was 6:3, 6:3 against Madison Keys in 4th round. Disappointed by Simona Halep’s performance. Pennetta vs. Vinci surely made Italians extatic but I guess USTA is less enthusiastic about it.

Normality prevailed in Men’s Singles at least with Roger Federer being more impressive so far than Novak Djokovic.

ReplyCopy URL
    tennisfreak
    Participant
    Topics:

God dammit

Reposted for truth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know about you but the look of relaxed Pennetta and Vinci talking and laughing after the match was my favorite part of this WTA season. Very refreshing plus the finale actually didn’t have hard hitting that dominates today. Very nice!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: US Open 2015 (final Grand Slam of this TENNIS season)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.