July 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm #253883
Here are 10 things that should…no, MUST happen at this year’s Emmys.
1. Vote for a character actor over an established name
Choice 1: Giancarlo Espotio over Aaron Paul and Peter Dinklage
Choice 2: Denis O’Hare over Ed Harris and David Strathairn
Choice 3: Martha Plimpton over Uma Thurman/Joan Cusack/Julia Ormond
2. Think younger!!
Choice 1: Lena Dunham over Julia Louis-Dreyfus/Edie Falco/Tina Fey for comedy actress
Choice 2: Jason Ritter for guest drama actor
Choice 3: Ben Feldman for guest drama actor
3. Once you go black, you’ll never want to go back?
Choice 1: Don Cheadle over Alec Baldwin and Jim Parsons
Choice 2: Giancarlo Espotio over Aaron Paul and Peter Dinklage
Choice 3: Loretta Devine over Jean Smart and Julia Ormond
4. Think outside the serial box
Choice 1: Damian Lewis over Bryan Cranston
Choice 2: Breaking Bad over Downton Abbey and Mad Men
Choice 3: Homeland for writing over Mad Men
5. Be more adventurous! (or less…)
Choice 1: So You Think You Can Dance or The Voice over The Amazing Race
Choice 2: Betty White over a younger person
6. Be All-American!!
Only Choice: Try a cheeseburger from Bob’s Burgers over the same-old/same-old from The Simpsons
7. Wear a Wiig!
Choice 1: Kristen Wiig over Kathryn Joostyn and the Modern Family gals
Choice 2: Kristen Wiig for voice acting over Hank Azaria and Maurice LaMarche
8. Bring on awkward tension!!
Choice 1: Vote for both Elizabeth Moss (Drama Actress) and her ex-husband Fred Armisen (Variety Series Writing)
Choice 2: Vote for Ryan Seacrest in a year that made American Idol a first-time snubee (after 11 seasons)
9. Vote for a Tired Hooker! (Give Kathy Griffin another damn Emmy…and this time not on the schmemmys)
Only Choice: Kathy Griffin: Tired Hooker vs. everything else (all of which are for old people)
10. Be funny…not self-effacing (don’t just vote for a sister awards show)
Only Choice: Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theatre vs. the Grammys, Tony, Oscars and Golden GlobesJuly 28, 2012 at 3:37 pm #253885
11. Play real theme songs instead of gumbo pop covers.
12. Bring back the “we asked the nominees this question” bit.
13. Bring back John Hodgeman to do the voice-overs.
14. Don’t vote for The Daily Show (I like the show, but spread the wealth!).July 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm #253886
15. Perform spoofs of the nominees before the wnner is announced in a category. I would love to see someone do an impression of Maggie Smith (Has anybody seen Downton Sixbey).July 28, 2012 at 5:07 pm #253887
Do a spoof of Downton Abbey called “Downtown Abbey”….where Maggie Smith’s character is a Lady of the EveningJuly 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm #253888
16. Play clips of nominees on all acting awards