Home Forums Television 2005 Lead Actress in a Comedy – Emmy

2005 Lead Actress in a Comedy – Emmy

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Lance
  • Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I just rewatched the submissions from Desperate Housewives for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Marcia Cross, Terri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman.  I also recently watched the Finale of Everybody Loves Raymond and I did Jane Kaczmarek’s submission. 

I still do not understand how Felicity Huffman won this category.  Even if you apply the theory of looking at her performances from her co-stars tapes, I still do not understand how she won the Emmy.

Below are the submissions:

Marcia Cross – Running To Stand Still – Desperate Housewives
    Terri Hatcher – Move On – Desperate Housewives
    Patricia Heaton – Finale – Everybody Loves Raymond
    Felicity Huffman – Pilot – Everybody Loves Raymond
    Jane Kaczmarek – Lois Battles Jamie – Malcolm In The Middle 

Did Marcia Cross lose because of the nature of her tape which was discussing sex and showing up at the hotel in a fur with bra and panties underneath?  I thought that Marcia Cross had the best submission and should have won.  I also thought that she shined in Terri and Felicity’s submissions as well.

I know that some may think that this belongs in the Poll Forum, but I wanted to put this in the Emmy Forum to get more visibility and discussion.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Felicity Huffman won because she was perfect in the “Pilot”. She should’ve won for the episode called “Bang” too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

There wasn’t a very clear winner in this group that had overwhelming hype and/or an AMAZING tape.  When that doesn’t occur so many things can happen.  This is a large group of people voting and they are ranking them.  I can see Terri Hatcher and Marcia Cross being very polarizing.  Huffman could have won this category with just having enough number 2 and 3 votes. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: 2005 Lead Actress in a Comedy – Emmy

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.