Home Forums Television 2011-2012 Main Title Predictions?

2011-2012 Main Title Predictions?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What opening credits sequences are most likely to be nominated this year for Main Title Theme Music and Main Title Design?

blueprint
    Participant
    Topics:

As much as I like Homeland, I seriously hope the love for it won’t go as far as nominating it for that mess that is its opening title.

I don’t remember any other new shows having somewhat remarkable openings as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cathy V
    Participant
    Topics:

Haha, I so agree- the opening title is by far the worst aspect of this otherwise amazing show.  American Horror Story might be a good candidate, though imho it doesn’t come close to last year’s Game of Thrones (and I’m still bummed that GoT wasn’t nominated for opening theme).

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

You can also check out this thread:

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/307

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

At this point New Girl could win for the actual song portion, I don’t know what could win for the actual opening sequence.

ReplyCopy URL
    blueprint
    Participant
    Topics:

^seriously? they should get rid of that category if there’s nothing better than that 10 second “song” Deschanel probably wrote down on her lower arm while taking a dump.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

For main title design, I think the major contenders are “Homeland,” “Luck,” “American Horror Story,” “Hell on Wheels,” “Suits,” and “Touch.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, there doesn’t appear to be an opening main title sequence or opening main theme on par with Game of Thrones. It won the former deservedly and should have been nominated and won the latter as well. If such a sequence does exist this year, please share. 

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t we have a thread for this? Whatever, it’s a fun topic so I’ll post the same…

Homeland is extremely awful. Way too many ideas that don’t go together.

I would say American Horror Story is an obvioys winner for Title Design, the theme however is not that good.

I think New Girl also has a good shot at being nominated for both.  

My winner for Theme Music is Up All Night, I think it’s perfect.

I don’t understand why more shows don’t have title sequence, some even seem like they would’ve done a good one if they had tried considering the title card, like Smash for example.

ReplyCopy URL
    Spenser Davis
    Participant
    Topics:

For main title design, I think the major contenders are “Homeland,” “Luck,” “American Horror Story,” “Hell on Wheels,” “Suits,” and “Touch.”

I agree with each of these. And Boss has received a fair amount of buzz about its title design, even though I think the font for the credits is actually pretty ugly.

ReplyCopy URL
    sorcery
    Topics:

I don’t think all of the nominees will be series. I think there’s the possibility that a miniseries/movie makes it in (not counting that faux-miniseries American Horror Story).

ReplyCopy URL
    FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

My first choice is “Luck.”   Great music, and visuals.  I miss that show already.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.