Home Forums Television 2011 Emmy Wrap Up

2011 Emmy Wrap Up

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
sorcery
Trent
Ryan_Fernand
  • Tony Ruiz
    Participant
    Topics:

So what do we think?

I only got 12 out of 25, though I was happy that some of my spoilers were right.

But it is clear to me, that episode submission can no longer be seen as the key factors…there were just too many cases of inexplicable winners.  In some cases, the episodes were a help, as in the case of Jim Parsons, margo Martindale,  and Julie Bowen.  But other winners, Kyle Chandler and Peter Dinklage, clearly had something else going on.  

sorcery
    Topics:

What I’ve concluded is that the Emmy winners (and – why not? – nominees) have and always will be a jumbled mess, which is why they’re so hard to predict!

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

I think Dinklage deserved it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Chandler’s and Dinklage’s submissions justify their wins, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan_Fernand
    Participant
    Topics:

I got 13 right.  We also found out that sentimentality is not a factor to Emmy voters (or else Carell would have won).

I thought it was a decent show overall.  Lynch was a non-factor as a host.  She did nothing memorable and she wasn’t used as much as I thought she would be.  The show also had a great pace (they got through the miniseries/tv movie categories pretty quickly).  

As for the wins I was so happy with the Martindale and FNL wins.  Unfortunately, the show ended so anti-climatically.  The Modern Family and Mad Men series wins are getting excessive.  Also, it is sad to say that Steve Carell, now officially, never won an Emmy for portraying Michael Scott (unless of course he wins a Guest Actor award in the future).

ReplyCopy URL
    MicheBel
    Participant
    Topics:

I got 12 according to Gold Derby’s selections, but if you factor in Writing and Directing nods (which I did), I got 16 right (9 wrong).

And I have to say, the ones I got wrong (in the case of Chandler and McCarthy) I was so over the moon happy that they were winning, it didn’t matter. I just didn’t think he could pull it off. (I haven’t yet watched his submission though.)

I do believe that tapes are everything. Certainly a large factor in Dinklage’s win. And I am convinced that Bowen won because she was also so prominent in Vergara’s tape. (Thought Lynch would win, because of her prominence on Wiig’s tape, but they must’ve looked at both these two (Bowen and Lynch) and decided that since Lynch won last year, better to give it to Bowen this year).

Happy for the Dunphys. Very happy for McCarthy. Over the moon happy for Chandler!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: 2011 Emmy Wrap Up

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.