Home Forums Television 2012-2013 Finales

2012-2013 Finales

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
A Person
thedude
That Don Guy
  • Rich Landry
    Participant
    Topics:

With all the renewals going on for next season, I have read that many shows will be most likely ending next year. I was just wondering what people’s thoughts were and if you think any other shows will be added to this list?

Two and a Half Men (Just renewed for a 10 and most likely final season)
    The Office (if it survives for another season, i expect next year to be done when contracts are up)
    30 Rock (looks like the 7th season will be it’s last)
    Private Practice (I read it will most likely be renewed for a final 13 episode season)
    Grey’s Anatomy (they could probably get one more year)
    Fringe (already announced)

A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

The upcoming Damages season will be the last one as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    thedude
    Topics:

Breaking Bad?

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

The first two titles, other than the ones listed in the OP, that pop into my head are Community and Glee.

Assuming it’s coming back for a fourth season, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s given the benefit of the doubt mainly because they need enough episodes to syndicate it; for some reason, it’s just not the show it used to be.  I wonder if they’re considering a “Troy & Abed” sequel series?

The problem with Glee is, at the end of next season, all of the remaining original students end up graduating.  Unless they really do have the school burn down because of “a cheerleading accident gone horribly, horribly wrong” (“Trademark, Brain?”  “Trademark”) and have Will and Sue end up at Lima University along with most of the original cast (“Mike Chang?  What are you doing here?”  “Who knew LU was one of the top dance schools in the country?”  “Quinn, didn’t you get into Yale?”  “Yes, but even with insurance, the bills from my accident wiped out my college fund”), they’re going to have to hope that a new cast can sing as well as the old one.  The fact that there’s no tour this summer doesn’t help the show either.

A third possibility: American Dad – but even if it ends production, Fox might decide to try to stretch the episodes out over two seasons.  Fox pre-empted it on 4/29 for a second new episode of The Cleveland Show, and will pre-empt it again on 5/20 for a second Family Guy, which usually indicates that they’re starting to stretch the episodes out, but this could also be because they didn’t plan to air as many episodes as they did, but had to because Allen Gregory and Napoleon Dynamite underperformed to the point where neither show had reruns air.

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

“Gossip Girl” will most likely end next season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

What about How I Met Your Mother ending next season. It seems like it is slowly coming to an end about next season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

The Closer is ending its run this summer.

I also agree that Glee is probably ending next year. For a musical-comedy series, it had a great four years. But its not what it used to be. The writing is horrible, as is most of the acting. The characters are starting to get annoying, with zero development from anyone. And they are beginning to waste their guest stars. Diana Agron is the only person left on this show that I could sit through, as she has become the standout actress of them all. Mark my words, given the right role, she WILL win an Oscar someday!

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Dianna Agron is a terrible singer and a bad actress, she’s one of the worst in the bad ensemble that Glee have.

ReplyCopy URL
    The BC 2.0
    Participant
    Topics:

30 Rock will be ending next season – as confirmed today by NBC.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: 2012-2013 Finales

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.