Home Forums Television 2012 Upfronts

2012 Upfronts

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
outsider
Guest2014
Alijah Purdy
  • outsider
    Topics:

The broadcast networks will announce their fall schedules next week. In the next days, a lot of shows will be getting renewed, canceled, picked up or moving.

NBC has already ordered two shows: “Hannibal” starring Hugh Dancy (the role of Hannibal hasn’t been cast yet) and the comedy “Go On” starring Matthew Perry. According to reports, the network will launch some shows after the Olympics, taking advantage of the promotional platform the games provide.

ABC has already ordered “Mistresses” whose cast includes Alyssa Milano and Yunjin Kim.

One of the biggest questions is whether CBS will expand to a two hour comedy block on Thursdays.

CW might pick up more new shows this year and be creative with scheduling, airing shorter, uninterrupted seasons.

TBS might pick up “Cougar Town”.

uncreativename
    Topics:

NBC has picked up Anne Heche’s comedy “Save Me” to series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

More shows picked up by NBC:

The Ryan Murphy-Ali Adler’s single-camera comedy pilot The New Normal and the JJ Abrams-Eric Kripke action drama Revolution also have received series orders from NBC. Co-written by Murphy and Adler and directed by Murphy, The New Normal is described as a heartwarming comedy about a blended family of a gay couple, Bryan (Andrew Rannells) and David (Justin Bartha), and a cash-strapped waitress and mother of one Goldie (Georgia King), who becomes a surrogate to help them have a child. Co-starring in the 20th Century Fox TV-produced project is Ellen Barkin as Goldie’s glamorous/bigoted grandmother. Like the other newly picked up NBC comedy series, Save Me and Go On, The New Normal also has been eyed for an early launch after the Olympics in August.

Written by Kripke, directed by Jon Favreau and produced by Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV, Revolution is described as a high octane action drama following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Billy Burke plays the lead, with Giancarlo Esposito, Billy Burke, Tracy Spiradakos, Graham Rogers and Anna Lise co-starring.

ReplyCopy URL
    FEDEclown
    Topics:

^ Ryan Murphy is taking over television. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

It really is terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

“The New Normal” has a nice cast. Let’s hope Ryan Murphy’s involvement doesn’t ruin the show.

“Revolution” sounds like all those high-concept serialized dramas that have flopped in recent years. Then again, it could also turn out to be broadcast television’s answer to the success of basic cable’s “The Walking Dead”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

I can predict right now that Ryan Murphy is going to do exactly with The New Normal what he did with Chris Colfer’s character on Glee: use it as a pointless author surrogate to turn people on to gay rights, even though it doesn’t do anything to register with the public. Just look at the title.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I forget the name of the show, but there is a new comedy that NBC is looking to pick up that stars Delta Burke, Doris Roberts, Margo Martindale, and some other funny ladies. I forget the name of it, but I’m hoping it gets picked up!

Also, the new comedy “Malibu Country” starring Reba McEntire and Lily Tomlin, also on my wish list for getting picked up!

ReplyCopy URL
    outsider
    Topics:

The first show you mentioned is ABC’s “Counter Culture” which has been shelved. Delta Burke fell on the set and she couldn’t recover from her injury in time. They didn’t even shoot the pilot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

According to Deadline, 30 Rock will be returning for its final season with a shortened episode order of around 13 to 14 episodes. Community and Parks and Recreation, if renewed, will also be given shorter season orders. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if the Marc Cherry pilot will get a pickup

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the dates for the network upfronts, per the Hollywood Reporter:

Next Monday: NBC, Fox
    Next Tuesday: ABC
    May 16: TNT/TBS, CBS
    May 17: The CW, USA

ReplyCopy URL
    SkyLight
    Participant
    Topics:

NBC Picks Up Comedies 1600 Penn and Animal Practice to Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Darn!!! I was really looking forward to Counter Culture! It’s cast was promising, and the premise was great! Plus, Delta Burke, Margo Martindale, and Doris Roberts??? That would have been comedy gold!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if the Marc Cherry pilot will get a pickup

I am sure it will. Coming off of the success of Desperate Housewives, ABC will greenlight this simply because Cherry is attached!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
Reply To: 2012 Upfronts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.