Home Forums Television 2013 THR Emmy Roundtable

2013 THR Emmy Roundtable

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s that time of year again, kids! Love these. To kick things off (and so apropo b/c GD loves the ladies) here’s drama actress.

SaraR
    Topics:

Not my favorite lineup, but I guess I appreciate the decision to get a completely different one from last year (which I loved).

ReplyCopy URL
    Chinese
    Topics:

Showrunners Alex Gansa of “Homeland,”
    Terence Winter of “Boardwalk Empire,”
    David Benioff of “Game of Thrones,”
    Glen Mazzara of “Walking Dead” and
    Vince Gilligan of “Breaking Bad”
    discuss how awards can help a show.

L.A. Times hosted this roundtable of producers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I enjoyed this year’s drama actress lineup, though once again the questions were terrible. Several were a huge waste of time. I’d love it for once if they wrote down all of the questions they asked the previous year, and then didn’t ask those again this year. That being said, how goddamn gorgeous is Kerry Washington?! Hot damn! And Monica Potter was a riot.

ReplyCopy URL
    SaraR
    Topics:

For the curious, the LA Times actor’s panel this year will include Andrew Lincoln, Elisabeth Moss, Kevin Bacon, Connie Britton, and Bryan Cranston.

For comparison, last year’s was Aaron Paul, Michael C. Hall, Julianna Margulies, Jon Hamm, and Claire Danes.

There’s a good chance this year’s will go 1-for-5 in earning nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

I always LOVE the Emmy roundtable. Every year…

ReplyCopy URL
    louieb
    Topics:

LA Times Comedy Actor roundtable will include Jon Cryer, Matt LeBlanc, Mindy Kaling, Jake Johnson, and Don Cheadle

Does anyone know how quickly they usually churn these out? 

ReplyCopy URL
    SaraR
    Topics:

^Wow, just one woman?

I believe they shoot these roundtables late April-ish and roll them out once a week? Just a guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Monica Potter is hilarious. Anna Gunn seems like she gives every answer a lot of thought… which stands out when the questions are so fluffy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

For the curious, the LA Times actor’s panel this year will include Andrew Lincoln, Elisabeth Moss, Kevin Bacon, Connie Britton, and Bryan Cranston.

For comparison, last year’s was Aaron Paul, Michael C. Hall, Julianna Margulies, Jon Hamm, and Claire Danes.

dunno if that’s exactly what you meant but, Lincoln has zero chances of a nomination and Bacon seems more like the Golden Globe type of nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

The ladies showed out! That was a fun one to kick things off. These interviewers are the worst and those questions were turkeys, but the ladies rapport and respect for one another saved this. I am not as worried of Monica Potter’s chances like I was early on, b/c NBC is doing a BIG push for her, but something like this is good for her on the campaign trail as she was the one who stole the whole thing. And not to fan boi out, but I love that the other ladies were so complimentary of her Emmy episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

The ladies showed out! That was a fun one to kick things off. These interviewers are the worst and those questions were turkeys, but the ladies rapport and respect for one another saved this. I am not as worried of Monica Potter’s chances like I was early on, b/c NBC is doing a BIG push for her, but something like this is good for her on the campaign trail as she was the one who stole the whole thing. And not to fan boi out, but I love that the other ladies were so complimentary of her Emmy episode.

That was something I really noticed too. And I completely agree with your other comments as well. Why do they ask the worst damn questions? Luckily these ladies were all so wonderful interacting with each other.   

ReplyCopy URL
    SaraR
    Topics:

[quote=”SaraER”]For the curious, the LA Times actor’s panel this year will include Andrew Lincoln, Elisabeth Moss, Kevin Bacon, Connie Britton, and Bryan Cranston.

dunno if that’s exactly what you meant but, Lincoln has zero chances of a nomination and Bacon seems more like the Golden Globe type of nominee.
    [/quote]

My point was that all five of the panel members on last year’s drama roundtable were nominated for Emmys. In this year’s panel, it’s likely that Bryan Cranston will be the only one nominated for an Emmy out of this group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

I can understand predicting Moss to be snubbed, but when did she go from possible snub/uncertain to unlikely to be nominated?

ReplyCopy URL
    SaraR
    Topics:

When I said “it’s likely” I meant that there’s a sizeable chance it could happen. I think she’s somewhere around 50/50 now.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.