Home Forums Television 2014 EMMY AWARDS Predictions Center Now Open

2014 EMMY AWARDS Predictions Center Now Open

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Josh Labron
Riley
Adri m.
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The 2014 Emmy Awards predictions center is now open. It features the top five drama and comedy categories. We will add more categories (movie/mini, variety, reality, guests) over the next few weeks and months.

Please go ahead and make your early predictions now so that we can start generating odds, rankings, and statistics. Feel free to change your rankings as often as you like.

Ghost
    Topics:

Woohoo! One suggestion: can you add Joe Lo Truglio the supporting ladies from Brooklyn Nine Nine to the prediction center?

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Jacobsen
    Participant
    Topics:

I entered my predictions as soon as I saw it available. Feels good to be predicting Emmys in the predictions center again.

I’m going with the consensus on most categories except a select few that I feel strongly about. One of which is that Jeff Daniels will be snubbed. The other is a gut feeling about Cecily Strong in Comedy Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

@Boomer On what specific date will you add the movie/miniseries categories in the predictions center? When will there be an announcement made about the decision between the tv movie and miniseries category?

ReplyCopy URL
    Adri m.
    Participant
    Topics:

For Now my drama predictions:

Drama Series 

1.Breaking Bad

2.House of Cards

3.Game of Thrones

4.Mad Men

5.The Good Wife

6.Homeland

Lead Actor

1.Bryan Cranston

2.Kevin Spacey

3.James Spader

4.Jon Hamm

5.Jeff Daniels

6.Michael Sheen

Lead Actress 

1.Claire Danes

2.Robin Wright

3.Kerry Washington

4.Julianna Margulies

5.Taylor Schilling

6.Elisabeth Moss

Supporting Actor

1.Aaron Paul

2.Mandy Patinkin

3.Dean Norris

4.Peter Dinklage

5.Jeffrey Wright

6.Josh Charles

Supporting Actress 

1.Anna Gunn

2.Maggie Smith

3.Christine Baranski

4.Christina Hendricks

5.Emilia Clarke

6.Betsy Brandt

Directing

1.Breaking Bad ‘Felina’

2.Breaking Bad ‘Ozymandias’

3.House of Cards ‘Chapter 14’

4.Boardwalk Empire ‘Farewell Daddy Blues’

5.Breaking Bad ‘To’hajiilee’

Writing

1.Breaking Bad ‘Ozymandias’

2.Breaking Bad ‘Felina’

3.Breaking Bad ‘Confessions’

4.The Good Wife ‘Hitting the Fan’

5.House of Cards ‘Chapter 14’

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

For predictions can you add:

Michael Bowen-Breaking Bad
    Laura Fraser-Breaking Bad
    Charlie McDermott-The Middle
    Jesse Plemmons-Breaking Bad
    Atticus Shaffer-The Middle

ReplyCopy URL
    Josh Labron
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Fraser will go in supporting again, I would assume.

ReplyCopy URL
    Josh Labron
    Participant
    Topics:

Opening predictions:

Comedy Series (Which I have 500 on):
    1) Modern Family 2) Veep 3) The Big Bang Theory 4) Louie 5) Girls 6) Brooklyn Nine Nine

Comedy Actress:
    1) Julia Louis Dreyfus (Vepp) 2) Amy Poehler (Parks And Recreation) 3) Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) 4) Lena Dunham (Girls) 5) Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) 6) Anna Faris (Mom)

Comedy Actor (Which I have 200 on):
    1) Jim Parsosn (The Big Bang Theory) 2) Louis C.K. (Louie) 3) Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine Nine) 4) Matt LeBlanc (Episodes) 5) Don Cheadle (House Of Lies) 6) Robin Williams (The Crazy Ones)

Comedy Supporting Actress:
    1) Julie Bowen (Modern Family) 2) Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory) 3) Anna Chlumsky (Veep) 4) Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) 5) Allison Janney (Mom) 6) Merritt Wever (Nurse Jackie) 

Comedy Supporting Actor:
    1) Ty Burrell (Modern Family) 2) Tony Hale (Veep) 3) Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) 4) Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family) 5) Andrew Braugher (Brooklyn Nine Nine) 6) Ed O’Neill (Modern Family)

Drama Series:
    1) Breaking Bad 2) Game Of Thrones 3) House Of Cards 4) Downton Abbey 5) Mad Men 6) The Good Wife

Drama Actress (Which I have 200 on):
    1) Robin Wright (House Of Cards) 2) Claire Danes (Homeland) 3) Kerry Washington (Scandal) 4) Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife) 5) Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) 6) Taylor Schilling (Orange Is The New Black) 

Drama Actor:
    1) Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) 2) Kevin Spcary (House Of Cards) 3) Jon Hamm (Mad Men) 4) Michaen Sheen (Masters Of Sex) 5) Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) 6) Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey)

Drama Supporting Actress:
    1) Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) 2) Maggie Smith (Downton Abbey) 3) Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) 4) Christine Baranski (The Good Wife) 5) Laura Prepon (Orange Is The New Black) 6) Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife)

Drama Supporting Actor:
    1) Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) 2) Peter Dinklage (Game Of Thrones) 3) Josh Charles (The Good Wife) 4) Dean Norris (Breaking Bad) 5) Mandy Patinkin (Homeland) 6) Rupert Friend (Homeland)  

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The 2014 Emmy Awards predictions center is now open. It features the top five drama and comedy categories. We will add more categories (movie/mini, variety, reality, guests) over the next few weeks and months.

Last month, I got an email from Boomer to take a look at the list that he was compiling to see if any “realistic” contenders were missing.  Opening the attachment, I expected to find a simple list of the major shows; instead, I found a massive document of 450 items, complete with a summary and basic awards information for each contender.  There was stuff like “BEAU BRIDGES: Bridges plays Barton Scully. This is his first time eligible at the Emmys for this role. He has three previous Emmy wins in 14 nominations.” and “BLACK SAILS: A Starz series about ruthless pirate Captain Flint and fast-talking John Silver. Stars Toby Stephens and Luke Arnold. This is the first year eligible at the Emmys.”  All of this information is now on contender pages like this one for Intelligence, which comes complete with the show’s poster and links to its cast contenders, all of which Boomer must have manually entered.  Let’s not take this guy for granted.  Here’s to Chris!

I entered my predictions as soon as I saw it
    available.

Me too.  I had to actually scroll to enter major
    contenders from later in the alphabet.

Michael Bowen-Breaking Bad

Bowen was credited as guest, so will likely submit as such.

For Now my drama predictions:
    Drama Series
    1.Breaking Bad
    2.House of Cards
    3.Game of Thrones
    4.Mad Men
    5.The Good Wife
    6.Homeland
    Lead Actor
    1.Bryan Cranston
    2.Kevin Spacey
    3.James Spader
    4.Jon Hamm
    5.Jeff Daniels
    6.Michael Sheen
    Lead Actress
    1.Claire Danes
    2.Robin Wright
    3.Kerry Washington
    4.Julianna Margulies
    5.Taylor Schilling
    6.Elisabeth Moss

With the predictions center open, you do not have to do this anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yay. Thanks Chris/Boomer.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you, Chris!

The best part of awards season has just begun.  

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

True Detective will likely be in Movie/Miniseries and is my choice to win so far, what other miniseries are eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

thesmartone made a list.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, Boomer! Your work is greatly appreciated. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It does take a long time to assemble a new predictions center. This one started around mid-December but couldn’t be my main focus since we have had so many other awards shows going on.

It’s like putting together a 5,000 piece puzzle because there are so many elements. Please do click on any contenders to see what is there. I make sure the photos for each series are from the current season; a lot of websites wouldn’t pay attention to such details.

For each individual person, you will see every nomination and win in their career for Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, Grammys, Golden Globes, and SAG Awards (plus… every person who has beaten them over the years… very interesting stuff). You’ll also notice that the photo for each person is a publicity head shot or on the red carpet (sized appropriately). I noticed early on that we would put in character photos (like Bryan Cranston as Walter White), but it made absolutely no sense when that person would also have other projects attached (like Cranston had for Argo or on Broadway this year). It’s the little stuff that makes a big difference. Also, when you click on people with big awards careers (let’s say Betty White or Cloris Leachman), you can be overwhelmed with the sheer work in just entering all of that info.

Another place we have gone the extra mile…. Most awards shows have all the correct info on their own websites or IMDB. But not the Golden Globes. They are OK with most things but not with producers. For example, their website shows Mark Wahlberg as a two-time nominee with no wins. But he is actually a 12-time nominee (from producing Boardwalk Empire and Entourage) with one win on his Gold Derby candidate page. Another example (among many) is Tom Hanks. If introduced on stage at the Globes, they would say he is a four-time winner. But we know better (because of producing so many winning miniseries) that he is actually an eight-time winner out of 15 nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
Reply To: 2014 EMMY AWARDS Predictions Center Now Open

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.