Home Forums Television 2014 Emmy THR roundtables

2014 Emmy THR roundtables

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
probablyROB
Denis
Atypical
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Actress (Claire Danes, Vera Farmiga, Julianna Margulies, Jessica Pare, Sarah Paulson, and Keri Russell):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCl0QVOzNhE

Enjoy.

Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

Why Margulies again? I wonder if she sits there and bellyaches about how tiring her show is, per usual? Oh, wait. This year she complained about not being the network’s first or second choice. 

ReplyCopy URL
    JohnChiras
    Participant
    Topics:

This conversation made a better impression than last year’s. Keri Russell being shy and gushing over with little nuances is such a pleasure to watch

Robin Wright’s absence was ”loud”.

I’m waiting for the Showrunner’s Roundtable which was composed by Vince Gilligan, Matthew Weiner, Nic Pizzollatto, Aaron Sorkin, Ann Biderman and Carlton Cuse.

William Macy tweeted recently that he was in the Comedy Roundtable alongside Andy Sandberg, Jason Biggs, Tony Hale, Matt Leblanc and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Showrunners [Aaron Sorkin (“The Newsroom”), Matthew Weiner (“Mad Men”), Vince Gilligan (“Breaking Bad”), Carlton Cuse (“Bates Motel”), Nic Pizzolatto (“True Detective”) and Ann Biderman (“Ray Donovan”)]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcthOOSCO3Y

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Bates Motel?

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Bates Motel?

Ehhhhhh, Cuse is an experienced showrunner with an Emmy win in his belt for Lost. I think he’d be valuable for the panel (and they can make the excuse that the show is at least linked to Emmy discussion with Vera Farmiga’s nomination). 

And I’d say it’s far more credible a choice than getting Kevin Williamson for The Following last year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Makes me wonder if Farmiga would’ve beaten Paulson’s Magnificent performance in 12YaS.

also, that Travolta’s impression …pretty on point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, won’t Matthe Weiner ever shut up about his job as an exec. producer on The Sopranos? It is just pathetic, even for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    dj
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone in the actress roundtable comes off great except Margulies once again. She never fails to whine about something in these things and just seems like a snob.

ReplyCopy URL
    dj
    Participant
    Topics:

Very curious to see what the drama actor roundtable is going to be. It’d be nice to get Cranston in there one last time but I doubt he had the time since he’s on broadway right now. McConaughey and/or Harrelson would be great too but my guess is they couldn’t get them either.

ReplyCopy URL
    james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope they get Freddie Highmore for drama actors roundtable! And maybe Spacey, Schreiber, Mikkelsen, Rhys and Harrelson. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Gilligan is hillarious,  such a genius, very confident that Better Call Saul is going to be fantastic.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

Both of these were a lot of fun to watch.  Looking forward to the next installment.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

I like how THR have stepped things up with the production of these.

ReplyCopy URL
    Katie
    Topics:

The production value has definitely imporved, but I loathe the media player on the THR site. But whatever…

The actress disussion was excellent and I love them all, but having watched Margulies in the past and knowing how tightly wound she is, I did laugh at how she constantly pushed back her hair with purpose. Bless. That said, Danes was the best and the most forthcoming. I felt like I learned something by listening to her. Jessica Pare is so green, but very likeable. And Sarah Paulson is probably one of the most charming individuals ever. 

As far as the showrunners table goes, I was taken aback by how likeable I found Sorkin to be. He actually had humility and I appreciated that he said (admitted?) that he does dialogue well, but not story. I LOVED that Sorkin spoke about his writing process though, as he actually acts it out when he does it — I enjoy that it’s a thing I can picture happening in my head. I also thought there was some kind comrarderie between Sorkin and Gilligan and it was nice. 

Gilligan is so wonderful. He’s humble and hard working and in charge and smart. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
Reply To: 2014 Emmy THR roundtables

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.