2014 Nickelodeon Kids Choice TV Nominees Announced

Home // Forums // Television // 2014 Nickelodeon Kids Choice TV Nominees Announced

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

TV Show: The Big Bang Theory, Good Luck Charlie, Jessie, Sam & Cat

Actor: Benjamin Flores, Jr., The Haunted Hathaways; Jack Griffo, The
    Thundermans; Ross Lynch, Austin & Ally; Jake Short, A.N.T. Farm

Actress: Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy, Sam & Cat; Bridgit Mendler, Good Luck Charlie; Debby Ryan, Jessie

Reality Show: America’s Got Talent, American Idol, The Voice, Wipeout

Cartoon: Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure The Big Bang Theory should be nominated here, because it really isn’t a “kids” show.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure The Big Bang Theory should be nominated here, because it really isn’t a “kids” show.

Would you call Iron Man 3 or Oz the Great and Powerful “kids movies”?  (Titanic was nominated one year – that certainly wasn’t a kids movie.)  The definition of “kid” extends into young teenage.  (There don’t seem to be any rules about who is supposed to be eligible to vote; in fact, KCAs are notorious for not having any rules made public.  Your guess is as good as mine as to who decides the nominees, and who really decides the winners.)

Here’s a surprise: one of the “favorite book” nominees is a single book, rather than a series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]Not sure The Big Bang Theory should be nominated here, because it really isn’t a “kids” show.

Would you call Iron Man 3 or Oz the Great and Powerful “kids movies”?  (Titanic was nominated one year – that certainly wasn’t a kids movie.)  The definition of “kid” extends into young teenage.  (There don’t seem to be any rules about who is supposed to be eligible to vote; in fact, KCAs are notorious for not having any rules made public.  Your guess is as good as mine as to who decides the nominees, and who really decides the winners.)

Here’s a surprise: one of the “favorite book” nominees is a single book, rather than a series.[/quote]

I do consider Oz a family film, and hence it would make sense for them to nominate the film. Iron Man may not have the most appropriate material for children, but it is owned by Disney and it’s marketed for children. It’s just that Big Bang is more risque and more frequently talks about sex and adult material than Iron Man or Oz. I don’t have kids right now, but hypotheticaly, I wouldn’t let my kids watch Big Bang until they were in their teens, but I would let them watch Iron Man or Oz. I guess it’s just a matter of taste, whether or not you think it’s appropriate for their young minds.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 2014 Nickelodeon Kids Choice TV Nominees Announced

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.