2014 – The worst Emmys ever?

Home // Forums // Television // 2014 – The worst Emmys ever?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Morgan Henard
    Topics:

There has been a huge lack of enthusiasm for this year’s ceremony. From the massive amount of repeat winners to the boring and disappointing segments all the way to the insulting (Vergara’s bit). I have been watching the Emmys since 2002, and I can’t think of a ceremony I cared about the least. I usually base this on winners, and the only two wins that truly excited me were Breaking Bad winning Writing and Uzo Aduba winning Guest Comedy Actress. 

This had me wondering… How long have you been watching the Emmys and what would you say is your least favorite/worst ceremony you’ve ever watched? And why? Due to wins that you weren’t a fan of or segments that fell flat, etc.  

Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I’ve only been watching since about 2006, but yeah, so far this is the worst IMO

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

It was the most boring I wouldn’t say it was the worse. The Reality Hosts year really was the worst 

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been watching for years now. This was dull and boring. And the host didn’t help, Meyers was awful.
    I loved the 2010 Emmys because I was a big Glee/Modern Family/30 Rock at that time and I was super excited for the ceremony. The wins were amazing, the intro was spectacular and hella funny and the hosting was on point. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It might be one of the worst compared to the quality of the nominations, but I don’t think it’s the most boring. I recalled last year or the year before being more boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

At least they had shocking but deserving winners like Jeff Daniels and Merritt Wever and Laura Linney 

(bring on the hate)  

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Eh, when my least favorite win is Margulies, it’s not a terrible ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

It wasn’t that bad. I enjoyed the segments. There were some upsets. Not all around awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

Uh yeah. This year was awful. #Revengefor2013

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

This year wasn’t bad at all. Just because there was some deserving repeat winners in Drama (Breaking Bad) doesn’t make it a bad ceremony. I thought it was entertaining and it held my attention. I think next year will be more exciting in Drama give the fact that BB will be gone but regardless. Far from the ‘worst emmys ever’

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

This year really was the worst. I deleted the telecast from my DVR so fast, and I rarely do that the day after the initial airing. Ugh.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

At least they had shocking but deserving winners like Jeff Daniels and Merritt Wever and Laura Linney 

(bring on the hate)  

I agree with you 100% on that. I hate that people always bitch and complain about those three. The only one I kinda was mad who won was Wever because I really wanted Jane Krakowski to win, but she would have been in second place on my ballot 

ReplyCopy URL
    Morgan Henard
    Topics:

(bring on the hate)  

No hate at all. The only kick in the gut about Wever winning was that it came at the expense of finally honoring Jane Krakowski. But Wever had done solid work early on in the scene and is a nice antithesis to Edie Falco’s Jackie. Laura Linney winning was okay by me because I looked at it as sort of a makeup win from when she wrongfully lost to Melissa McCarthy (also, Martha Plimpton was given her apology win two years ago). Cathy was a very unlikable character but that doesn’t mean Linney wasn’t excellent. As for Jeff Daniels… Sigh, he’s a fine actor, but I’ve just never been on board with The Newsroom. For every welcoming shock in this category (Kyle Chandler), there’s a frustrating one (Daniels).   

ReplyCopy URL
    Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

2008 was definitely the worst ceremony, 2007 was pretty boring too, except for Carell “winning” best actor for Ricky Gervais. I really liked this year, (Loved the BREAKING BAD wins and Louie C.K.’s win for writing and Colbert winnning even if Fallon was the one accepting and that idiot Stefani didn’t know the name of his show, and Julianna Marguiles’ win I was thrilled about). I hated a few of Meyers’ jokes but I loved “Billy in the Street”

ReplyCopy URL
    WaltEagle
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Series is arguably the biggest category, and also goes to very deserving shows more often than Comedy Series IMO. The worst year is probably one where Drama Series went to something awful, as opposed to Breaking Bad sweeping major categories very deservedly.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Reply To: 2014 – The worst Emmys ever?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.