Home Forums Television 2015 Emmy Awards (Predictions Center Now Open)

2015 Emmy Awards (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
espnfan
Chris Beachum
Ghost
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

SURPRISE!

The 2015 Emmy Awards predictions center is now open. We will add more categories later in the spring, but for now you can already vote for 5 comedy categories and 5 drama categories.

Get started soon to help us set the odds for the industry to view.

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yay! Thanks Chris.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghost
    Topics:

Eek, those odds need work! Fortunately it doesn’t take too long for more people to add predictions. Can you add Sam Shepard into Supporting Drama Actor?

ReplyCopy URL
    Woodster
    Participant
    Topics:

This is really hard to predict but fun.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

It feels like this is really soon.  Am I alone in thinking this?

ReplyCopy URL
    espnfan
    Participant
    Topics:

^No your not.  This is way too early and kind of unneccessary.  Or at least to me it makes no sense to start officially predicting the Emmy awards when many of the major contenders have not even debuted yet, especially in the drama field.  I am all for having fun, but I do not see a need to formally do any predicting until at least April when we have a better idea of what the contenders may look like.

ReplyCopy URL
    Josh Labron
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so happy to see this! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

You guys are AMAZING ♡

ReplyCopy URL
    rstang00
    Participant
    Topics:

Very sly, Chris. Pleasing a majority of Derbyites by opening the Emmy predix center early – all while voting for Best Editor is going on? Very, very slick.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

Just as Oscar season ends, Emmy season begins. Thanks Chris for getting this up early. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Very happy about this! I just would like Steve Coogan added to the Best Actor line up for Happyish please 

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It feels like this is really soon.  Am I alone in thinking this?

We generally start this event right after the Oscars. With three big events ending this weekend, we didn’t want to have an almost empty predictions center.

Actually, the networks and studios love this early focus. It helps them to decide who are the real contenders and who should garner their biggest campaigns. They really do pay attention to the odds and statistics, which are set by people like you. Once we have enough people entering their predictions, the odds for each contender and category will start to make more sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    MattArmando
    Participant
    Topics:

SURPRISE!

The 2015 Emmy Awards predictions center is now open. We will add more categories later in the spring, but for now you can already vote for 5 comedy categories and 5 drama categories.

Can we open the Predictions Center for the DAYTIME Emmy Nominations? Pre-noms were released last week. Nominations are announced next month… with the awards in April.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Gone_Guy
    Topics:

[quote=”Chris Beachum”]SURPRISE!

Can we open the Predictions Center for the DAYTIME Emmy Nominations? Pre-noms were released last week. Nominations are announced next month… with the awards in April.  [/quote]

This! It’ll be easy to create the Daytime Emmys predictions center since the prenoms were released and you don’t have to worry about any non-prenoms, even if some should be there (Melody Thomas Scott, grrr). 

Thanks for putting up the Primetime Emmys so early! With the Oscars being over this Sunday, the next ‘major’ awards show is the Primetime Emmys. Thankfully, I’m as strongly invested in the Daytime Emmys as the Primetime and love watching the submissions. Regarding the Tonys, I totally wish I could live in NYC and go see all of those performances. But since many don’t care about daytime and many more can’t accurately judge the Tonys (by accurately, I mean seeing the performances), that only gives us the Primetime Emmys (and of course the TV Critics Choice and TCA beforehand). Kudos on the timeliness of this!  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
Reply To: 2015 Emmy Awards (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.