Home Forums Television 2015 Golden Globe TV Comedy Categories

2015 Golden Globe TV Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • dude93
    Topics:

I know there was an ‘early predictions’ thread for the Globes already, but this is specifically looking at the comedy categories. Looking ahead to 2015, with the Golden Globe TV comedy categories, I was wondering will Orange is the New Black be competing in those categories rather than drama? If so, I would think that the show would be the frontrunner as the hot new program to win Best Comedy Series, and also Schilling seems like the ideal candidate to take the Best TV Comedy Actress baton, no? I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus just missed any of her chances of winning for Veep… Just bad timing I think. The Amy Poehler thing screwed her chances up last year, otherwise she and her show would’ve won. What other hot new shows might be considered? What about Best TV Comedy Actor – any thoughts? I’m also thinking Kate Mulgrew will be a good bet for TV Supporting Actress… 

Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if Orange is the New Black will compete in Comedy – it depends on how it does at the Emmys this year. I’m guessing well, so I will assume they’ll ride that wave to the Golden Globes

BEST TV SERIES – COMEDY
    The Big Bang Theory
    Louie
    Modern Family
    Mulaney** (very similar to how Brooklyn Nine-Nine won this year) 
    Orange is the New Black 
    Veep

BEST ACTOR: TV SERIES – COMEDY
    Louis C.K. (Louie)
    Matt Le Blanc (Episodes)
    John Mulaney (Mulaney)** 
    Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
    Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple

BEST ACTRESS: TV SERIES – COMEDY
    Anna Faris (Mom)
    Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback)** 
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
    Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)
    Taylor Schilling (Orange is the New Black

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: TV SERIES, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
    Matt Bomer (The Normal Heart)
    Josh Charles (The Good Wife)**
    Michael Chiklis (American Horror Story: Freak Show
    Tony Hale (Veep)
    Martin Short (Mulaney)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: TV SERIES, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Uzo Aduba (Orange is the New Black
    Julie Bowen (Modern Family)
    Kate Mulgrew (Orange is the New Black
    Julia Roberts (The Normal Heart)
    Allison Tolman (Fargo)**
    One of the Ladies (American Horror Story: Freak Show)

ReplyCopy URL
    IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

The Odd Couple hasn’t even finished recasting yet. I doubt it premieres before February.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh I didn’t know that

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

Man, Lisa Kudrow is going to give everyone a run for their money next year if The Comeback is as good as its first season. Funny that she should come up against Louis-Dreyfus at next year’s Emmys if all goes according to plan – and it could be like the Kudrow vs JLD race from 2006. 

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Man, Lisa Kudrow is going to give everyone a run for their money next year if The Comeback is as good as its first season. Funny that she should come up against Louis-Dreyfus at next year’s Emmys if all goes according to plan – and it could be like the Kudrow vs JLD race from 2006. 

It is going to be quite interesting at the Emmys!  I definitely think Lisa Kudrow will be in prime position for a nomination and a win. Thinking about it now, though, I’m wondering how it will be received. Will The Comeback a) find widespread support, b) only get Kudrow nominated like last time, or even c) turn out like Arrested Development‘s return to television and underperform significantly.

I know the parallel between Comeback and AD is clearly not parallel because it will be returning to HBO, but there could definitely be a chance we are overemphasizing Kudrow’s chances at this very very early stage!

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Lisa Kudrow got more attention for Web Therapy where she is brilliant. The Comeback is on my list of shows to watch I’ll probably start watching it once I’m done with Web Therapy. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Adri m.
    Participant
    Topics:

Josh Charles won’t be elegible for next year’s Globes. 

Comedy Series

1.Orange is the New Black
    2.Silicon Valley
    3.The Big Bang Theory
    4.Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    5.Modern Family

Comedy Actor 

1.William H. Macy ”Shameless”
    2.Jim Parsons ”The Big Bang Theory”
    3.Matt LeBlanc ”Episodes”
    4.Andy Samberg ”Brooklyn Nine-Nine”
    5.Don Cheadle ”House of Lies” 

Comedy Actress 

1.Julia Louis-Dreyfus ”Veep”
    2.Taylor Schilling ”Orange is the New Black”
    3.Amy Poehler ”Parks and Recreation”
    4.Edie Falco ”Nurse Jackie”
    5.Lena Dunham ”Girls”

Supporting Actor 

1.Matt Boomer ”The Normal Heart”
    2.Jim Parsons ”The Normal Heart”
    3.Michael Chiklis ”American Horror Story: Freak House”
    4.Andre Braugher ”Brooklyn Nine-Nine”
    5.Jon Voight ”Ray Donovan”

Supporting Actress 

1.Julia Roberts ”The Normal Heart”
    2.Allison Tolman ”Fargo”
    3.Sofia Vergara ”Modern Family”
    4.Kate Mulgrew ”Orange is the New Black”
    5.?

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

Why did the Globe voters keep picking Stonestreet and Vergara continually for four years? If any couple should have been picked out of that ensemble, it surely should’ve been Bowen and Burrell. I wonder will they be dropped next year? I think Silicon Valley and Thomas Middleditch might be next year’s hot new best comedy series & best comedy actor winners. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Stonestreet was snubbed this year, and after SAG and Emmy snubs, Vergara will be probably out.

And Roberts can lose the Emmy, but the GG? hell no!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

QUEEN Vergara keeps getting nominations via merit, aka being one of the best performers on TV. Much funnier than anyone from that Orange thing or anyone else from her show, for starters.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts on what’s been said already…(I don’t think there are too many choices, predictions can’t be that difficult)

Web Therapy isn’t elegible for any Emmys except the category it was already nominated for. I think it’s because it airs out of Primetime or something like that. And for the Globes the show might just be too small. Maybe it isn’t elegible for SAG either…I don’t know.

I’m guessing Netflix will understand the mistake they made last year and move Orange to the comedy categories, specially considering how successful they were at the Emmys even if they don’t win a single statue in august. If that’s the case, both Comedy Series and Lead Actress are over. Kudrow won’t win over Schilling and might not even be nominated, Dreyfus won’t win against her either and one look at the Mulaney trailer will tell you it won’t be competing for any awards. That’s a very “wait and see until it premieres” situation. 

The Odd Couple doesn’t premiere until mid-season, so Matthew Perry is out.

The Globes go with ratings, hype or past hype like Samberg, Sillicon Valley and specially Middleditch are none of those things.

And with very little competition, I doubt Brooklyn and specially Samberg get snubbed. I know the Globes kick out people very quickly, but there isn’t that much competition specially in Lead Actor Comedy. Also, if their relationship with Gervais is still good, look out for him and Derek. They would love to have him on the show even if he isn’t hosting.

Sofia Vergara is still a hot young woman, the show keeps loosing hype but she stays the same in the HFPA’s eyes, I’m guessing she’s still in even if at this point she doesn’t deserve it anymore. But if she didn’t win with such a clear and easy shot this year, she won’t win at the Globes period. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: 2015 Golden Globe TV Comedy Categories

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.