2016 Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations Reactions

Home // Forums // Television // 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations Reactions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 339 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Post your reactions to the nominations in this thread.

The nominations will be announced by Anthony Anderson (who is a lock to get nominated this year in Best Comedy Actor) and Lauren Graham at the TV Academy’s Saban Media Center at 11:30 a.m. ET/8:30 a.m. PT.

Here is the youtube link to watch the nominations live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtK0XeRhZK0

Hoping for love for The Leftovers, Fargo, You’re The Worst, Veep and The Americans!

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s hoping they remember London Spy was one of the greatest things last year on tv. One nomination is enough for me. Just one, please.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I desperately need Sense8 to surprise with a major nom. Just one is enough. Like Directing or Writing maybe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

If you are rooting for some kind of Emmy love for your favourite show that is probably going to get no other nominations, Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Supporting Role is a great place to look.

There are eleven shows that have been previously nominated in the category that were again eligible this Emmy season, but only actually submitted there again this year (Sherlock, The Walking Dead). Three moved up to the main effects category (Black Sails, Da Vinci’s Demons, Vikings) and six inexplicably did not submit at all (Banshee, Bones, Hawaii Five-0), including three nominated just last year (American Horror Story, Daredevil, Gotham).

So there are three slots wide, wide open. Even if consider all of the shows that have ever been nominated in any category by the Visual Effects Society, only one more is eligible and was submitted (Ripper Street). So we are guaranteed at least two nominees that have never been nominated for their visual effects in any capacity.

And there are only fifteen shows on the ballot, so everything has a great shot. Watch out for a surprise nomination for something like Hannibal, The Leftovers or Outlander. Here is the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bradley Weir
    Participant
    Topics:

Please Patrick Wilson. Please Michael McKean. Please Mr Robot. Please Timothy Simons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Roots deserves a lot of love. Blackish should light it up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

No reaction from me. Except that House of Lies, Supergirl, Melissa Benoist and Kristen Bell get the recognition they deserve. The fact Continuum is banned from these awards because they are produced in the wrong country, while GoT, Orphan Black and other foreign productions get a pass, only shows how restrictive and draconian the Emmys truly are.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Guest2014.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

No reaction from me. Except that House of Lies, Supergirl, Melissa Benoist and Kristen Bell get the recognition they deserve. The fact Continuum is banned from these awards because they are produced in the wrong country, while GoT, Orphan Black and other foreign productions get a pass, only shows how restrictive and draconian the Emmys truly are.

Continuum is not Emmy material anyway. Supergirl and House of lies are not good enough, you mistake the Emmys with the MTV awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t mind him. He is in love with Continuum. So much so that he has made me not want to watch the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Please Patrick Wilson. Please Michael McKean. Please Mr Robot. Please Timothy Simons.

I think my the exact same top-four on my wish list for this morning. Especially Timothy Simons and Michael McKean.

Also really hoping for at least 1 of: Keri Russell, Alison Wright, Sam Richardson, Connor Jessup / Joey Pollari (I can hope).

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

The nominations will be announced by Anthony Anderson (who is a lock to get nominated this year in Best Comedy Actor) and Lauren Graham at the TV Academy’s Saban Media Center at 11:30 a.m. ET/8:30 a.m. PT.

For those of you outside of North America, that’s 1530 GMT (5:30 PM in most of Europe, and, IIRC, 1:30 AM in eastern Australia).

Also, the video won’t cover all of the categories; the complete list should be available by noon Eastern at http://www.emmys.tv.

And note there are four categories don’t have nominations, but have every submitted entry judged on their own merits:
    Individual Achievement in Animation (this is for animators who do specific things)
    Creative Achievement in Interactive Media
    Motion Design
    Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t be surprised if Narcos gets in for Directing, especially for DGA-nominated director Fernando Coimbra.

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Lord, I forgot they changed the time to 1130am eastern. I came in to work around 830 ready to stream them, but nope. I guess all the drinkers in LA were tired of getting calls at 530? haha

Anyway, Emmy noms and my birthday on the same day!! Coincidence? I think so! Anyway, I would love to see, hmm, good coverage for American Crime. Tatiana to get her 2nd nom. Mr. Robot to show up. My absolute dream nom (that won’t happen) would be for Difficult People to get some love in writing or show or my hero and imaginary BFF Billy Eichner to get a lead actor nom (doubt Julie Klausner could sneak in), but I know these won’t happen. But a 41 year old can dream can’t he?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ It’s actually 16:30 GMT

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  forwardswill.

FYC: The Crown, Fleabag and AHS: Roanoke for Gold Derby TV Awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s so weird seeing the Emmy nominations come on so late this year (the stream starts at 10:30 am for me).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 339 total)
Reply To: 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations Reactions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.