Home Forums Television 2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 301 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Riley
Eden
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just took out Peter Mullan for Beau Bridges and Rinko Kikuchi for Pam Grier. Still not predicting Kate Burton or Matthew Goode. I am slowly growing more and more confident in Cameron Britton winning Guest Actor purely on the passion vote, as crazy as I know that sounds.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not predicting anyone from the Good Fight because I fail to understand what exactly changed from last year to now. The show is just not on the Academy’s radar and last I remember, even the Good Wife had become old news by the time it finished its run.

I mean sure there is the Laurie Metcalf nomination for Horace and Pete and Ann Dowd’s nod for the Leftovers that can be looked at as recent examples of veterans getting in for shows the academy doesn’t care about or never cared about – but there were other factors involved in making those nominations happen – Metcalf was clearly on a high that year as she got 3 nods and her performance in Horace and Pete was raved by many as being one of the best acting showcases of the year on ANY medium, and Dowd had the massive momentum of Handmaid’s Tale rallying behind her.

What does Martindale or Alda have that will help them get a nod here? Or even Lynch for that matter? The only person I see having a shot here is surprisingly Judith Light who, as Hunter pointed out recently, can actually get three nominations. I’m already predicting her for Transparent and ACS, and I can totally see her get in here as well. I don’t think anyone else has a chance though.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Fight is really campaigning this year, so hopefully at the very least they can get Alan Alda in for Guest Actor. They also have a lot of strong contenders for Guest Actress with Margo Martindale leading the way, followed by Carrie Preston (former Emmy winner for this role) and Andrea Martin. Judith Light unfortunately wasn’t give enough material to merit a nomination (but I’ll take a namecheck if they give it to her!).

I agree that Samira Wiley is the only actress on THT that deserves a Guest Actress nomination. It’ll be tempting for voters, but I do think they will ignore/snub Cherry Jones and Marisa Tomei, who were decent, but nothing spectacular in their guest roles.

As for Westworld, I’m not sold on Peter Mullan. Yes, he was given a showcase episode, but… eh. If I was a voter, I wouldn’t vote to nominate him. I haven’t been a fan of the last couple of episodes of the series (until THIS PAST WEEK’S). I’d rather see Zahn McClarnon nominated for playing Akecheta (but he might be in too many episodes!). Of the eligible guest actors, my vote would go to Jimmi Simpson and then Rinko Kikuchi for Guest Actress.

In terms of This is Us, probably no Guest Actress nominations, but we MIGHT be sleeping on Elizabeth Perkins… former multiple-Emmy nominee playing “racist Grandma.” I can see it happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I kinda don’t want Cameron Britton nominated. Even though he gives the best guest performance of the year. Wanna know why? Because if he gets nominated and then loses to Reg E. Cathey I’m gonna end up devastated. Seriously I will riot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

In terms of This is Us, probably no Guest Actress nominations, but we MIGHT be sleeping on Elizabeth Perkins… former multiple-Emmy nominee playing “racist Grandma.” I can see it happening.

Perkins will probably be ignored despite appearing on both GLOW & Curb Your Enthusiasm on the comedy side and on This Is Us on the drama side. Her more deserving would be for This Is Us, but I just want to say that she’s an underrated actress. I don’t know if it’s a concidential casting combo, but she’s so natural in every role, even these small guest roles. This year, as the racist grandmom on TIU, as that guy’s mom in GLOW, as Celia on Weeds. And she seems perfect as Jackie in the upcoming Sharp Objects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I kinda don’t want Cameron Britton nominated. Even though he gives the best guest performance of the year. Wanna know why? Because if he gets nominated and then loses to Reg E. Cathey I’m gonna end up devastated. Seriously I will riot.

Cathey had appeared in one episode of Elementary this season?

ReplyCopy URL
    Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Perkins will probably be ignored despite appearing on both GLOW & Curb Your Enthusiasm on the comedy side and on This Is Us on the drama side. Her more deserving would be for This Is Us, but I just want to say that she’s an underrated actress. I don’t know if it’s a concidential casting combo, but she’s so natural in every role, even these small guest roles. This year, as the racist grandmom on TIU, as that guy’s mom in GLOW, as Celia on Weeds. And she seems perfect as Jackie in the upcoming Sharp Objects.

Did she submit herself for HTGAWM back in season 1? I thought she was amazing on TIU. I would maybe even vote for her!

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think we are. It seems so obvious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

multiple Emmy nominee? She was only nominated 3 times for Weeds. That doesn’t make her Emmy royalty.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

multiple Emmy nominee? She was only nominated 3 times for Weeds. That doesn’t make her Emmy royalty.

3 nominations do make her a multiple Emmy nominee, if I’m right.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Multiple – consisting of, including, or involving more than one.

I hope that clears things up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary: Multiple – consisting of, including, or involving more than one. I hope that clears things up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone seen the episode of Brooke Shields on Law & Order SVU:

Brooke Shields as Sheila Porter Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    Gone Baby Gone
    Sheila Porter is a mother grieving the death of her murdered daughter. Learning she has a grandson, she travels to Manhattan to void his adoption. Denied by the courts and facing increasing scrutiny from her grandson’s adopted mother, Sheila takes drastic measures to reunite her family.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

L. Scott Caldwell definitely deserves an Emmy nomination for her work on How To Get Away With Murder.

L. Scott Caldwell as Jasmine How To Get Away With Murder
    I’m Not Her
    Annalise defends her former protective cellmate Jasmine. We learn that the hardened drug addicted lifer was “sex trafficked” into the life as a twelve year old.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am bummed that Khandi Alexander was not submitted for her work on Scandal.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 301 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.