Home Forums Television 2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 301 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Riley
Eden
  • Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

In guest actress drama I think Diana Rigg and Indira Varma are locks, deservedly so. Both were amazing in 7×03.

Personally, I want Cicely Tyson to win for HTGAWM 4×01! She was absolutely heartbreaking in that episode, her performance was so poignant. Hopefully she gets in. I worry about both Viola and Cicely this year although they SHOULD be clear nominees as they are both incredible performers.

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt that Indira Varma is submitted.  We will just have to nominate her for a Gold Derby Award.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Jane Lynch is totally winning Guest Actress in a Comedy Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is Us had three guest nominations last year, so it would make sense if they go big again. Stallone would be an obvious choice, a name-check. Another choice would be Kate Burton. It seems like the episode will get a lot of attention and she was previously nominated for Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

Molly Shannon (Val, Will and Grace). She was fantastic in There’s something about Larry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is Us had three guest nominations last year, so it would make sense if they go big again. Stallone would be an obvious choice, a name-check. Another choice would be Kate Burton. It seems like the episode will get a lot of attention and she was previously nominated for Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal.

As much as I’d hate it you have a point. We should also look out for Elizabeth Perkins, Ron Cephas Jones, Lyric Ross, Jermel Nakia, and Delroy Lindo. None of them are deserving but I won’t underestimate the show this year after last year. Is McRaney coming back?

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

I am excited about the Good Fight season two. It got completely shut out of the Emmys and I thought it was over until those critics choice nominations. The Good Wife was know for being a guest nomination powerhouse. So I hope they do better this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Molly Shannon deserves serious consideration for a nomination for Guest Actress for Will & Grace

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Giving the #MeToo movement and the news about how Mira Sorvino was blackballed in Hollywood for many years,I wouldn’t be surprised if she was guest nommed for Modern Family.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pablo J Garcia
    Participant
    Topics:

Diana Rigg was great but she was on one scene… She deserved an emmy for that role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Giving the #MeToo movement and the news about how Mira Sorvino was blackballed in Hollywood for many years,I wouldn’t be surprised if she was guest nommed for Modern Family.

Nope.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone have any updated Guest Acting predictions for February?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Including next week’s episode, Lyric Ross will have been in eight episodes, so if she sticks around for the following wedding episode, which is the finale, she will have been in nine of eighteen episodes, just barely making her ineligible.  I suspect that that is what will happen.

Three of the adult series regulars will be eligible, so watch out for Ron Cephas Jones, Jon Huertas and Alexandra Breckenridge.  Really does not look like Denis O’Hare will be back this season. And I should mention Caitlin Thompson as Madison, given that she first appeared in the pilot and I think has had a more prominent role this season than anyone expected.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Fred Willard deserves a win for Corporate, but that is highly unlikely.
    I think Cameron Britton is winning for Mindhunter.
    Maya Rudolph has a chance for The Good Place and I bet Natalie Portman gets a nom for SNL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Lyric Ross

None of them are deserving

Lyric Ross is probably the best actor on that show and I’m not exaggerating.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 301 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.