Home Forums Television 2017 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

2017 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 438 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
pulp50
That Don Guy
  • agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

For people that were curious about the songwriting category, I just saw an FYC ad on Indiewire for a song from The Flash’s musical episode that was written by the guys that wrote the songs for La La Land.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

For people that were curious about the songwriting category, I just saw an FYC ad on Indiewire for a song from The Flash’s musical episode that was written by the guys that wrote the songs for La La Land.

Shamelessly trying to get EGOT at a young age. I get the feeling the Academy won’t fall for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Shamelessly trying to get EGOT at a young age. I get the feeling the Academy won’t fall for this.

Why is it shameless to be young and want an EGOT? If I had a chance I’d try tbh. I don’t think its shameless to want awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is it shameless to be young and want an EGOT? If I had a chance I’d try tbh. I don’t think its shameless to want awards.

For The Flash? Lol

I have no problem with thirst at an older age. But the young ones should focus on creating and exploring in art.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

TBH I watched the musical episode and the music wasn’t bad. I wouldn’t nominate it but it wouldn’t make a terrible nominee

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

-Zoe Perry as “mystery woman” on Scandal…the hell? Can anyone who watches this explain? She’s in supporting which means she was in a lot of episodes.

Her character’s name was unknown until the final episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently, there’s a third version of the performers ballots’ file. Anyone noticed the changes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Funny how they campaign the show only for the song:

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Funny how they campaign the show only for the song:

and it wasn’t even the good song!

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

t In Writing… This is us-5 

A lot of the other hows were not getting in,even with only 1 submission .Maybe they just wanted to submit a ton of episodes as a tip of the hat to the writers/directors .    This Is Us though,wtf.   Think they may have oversubmitted themselves out of a nom in this category. Should have kept it simple and just nominated “The Trip” which won a WGA or The Pilot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

So I was watching the slug fest and I’m scared. They mentioned that on the ballot you can vote for unlimited programs and actors, if I understood them right. This scares me because they will have a lot of room for name checks. Hank Azaria, Margo Martendale. Modern Family. Big Bang Theory. Was this a thing last year?

This most likley means that they will go with popular show. This could really hurt people like Louie Anderson and Pheobe Waller Bridge. I’m scared we will see big resurgences for TBBT and Modern Family. On the flip side, this could help shows like 13 Reasons Why and even The Walking Dead (I said help, I didnt say it has a chance, chill).

Does anybody read this differently? Was this a thing last year? Did I misunderstand Chris in the slugfest?

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is Us though,wtf. Think they may have oversubmitted themselves out of a nom in this category. Should have kept it simple and just nominated “The Trip” which won a WGA or The Pilot.

“They” may have oversubmitted…that brings up a question: who actually submits (in this case) the writing entries? The show’s producers? The writers themselves? NBC?

And speaking of submitting, or, in this case, not submitting, I am having a hard time finding any entries in any categories for Sleepy Hollow. True, this season wasn’t one of its best, and the special visual effects entries are pre-cut to 15 or so per category, but you would think it would enter in, say, stunt coordination.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

In the slugfests they keep bringing up how important Writing & Directing nominations are for a program to win. This Is Us will clearly not get into Writing & Directing but according to some editors This Is Us will win. I just …

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

In the slugfests they keep bringing up how important Writing & Directing nominations are for a program to win. This Is Us will clearly not get into Writing & Directing but according to some editors This Is Us will win. I just …

In their defense, I think they meant that due to This is Us over submitting in those categories, it will be easier to overlook those snubs compared to if they only submitted one entry

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

THIS. To be honest, at this point I am 90% sure GoldDerby and other sites editors/experts are only predicting This is Us to win because of how popular it is and they want the clickbait for when they post their “This is Us vs. whoever” articles. A bit like how we get a random Outlander article every month for no reason.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 438 total)
Reply To: 2017 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.