2017 EMMY AWARDS Ceremony Details

Home // Forums // Television // 2017 EMMY AWARDS Ceremony Details

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

If Dolly, Jane and Lily present together, that came straight from Gold Derby! When I interviewed Dolly a few weeks ago, I asked her about the coincidence that are all nominated the same year. We chatted about how great it would be for them to present together. I then forwarded that interview to the Emmy producers.

This should really really happen. This was supposed to happen in SAG but didn’t happen since Jane Fonda got sick.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

What a great list of additions. We are getting that 9 to 5 reunion it seems

Now watch somebody pull a stunt (like last year’s Bill Cosby introduction) and introduce “the stars of 9 to 5” – and Rachel Dennison, Rita Moreno, and Valerie Curtin come out. (“What? It’s the Emmys, not the Oscars.”)

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

So do anyone have the order of which the awards are given out? Like is it supporting actor comedy then writing, etc, etc, etc……….

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Jacobsen
    Participant
    Topics:

So do anyone have the order of which the awards are given out? Like is it supporting actor comedy then writing, etc, etc, etc……….

Not sure yet, but in Chris Beachum’s chat with Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss, the producers, they suggested they didn’t necessarily feel bound to the formula of grouping the categories by genre, so it may have a different flow than the past few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure yet, but in Chris Beachum’s chat with Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss, the producers, they suggested they didn’t necessarily feel bound to the formula of grouping the categories by genre, so it may have a different flow than the past few years.

Noo i like when they did comedy, then drama, then tv movies…ugh

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

What a mess, I prefer the genre format, it’s much more organized.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope
    Nope
    Nope
    Nope
    Nope.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

They just drew these categories out of a hat. Shameful. Comedy Series and then Lead Actor Limited Series/MTM? Wow. I see the producers are really banking on all of those movie stars to carry viewers to the end of the show, if they even make it that long.

The guest acting winners will be added to the presenters list, correct?

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

This would be so much fun! Definitely here for this, hopefully, it is the real one.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t mind not doing the show by genre, but save Comedy Series as the second to last award. Come on!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Jacobsen
    Participant
    Topics:

Well this should be interesting. I do miss the grouping by genre but there is at least some flow to this, with all the supporting categories being in the first half and the lead ones towards the end. They really seem to be banking on those movie stars, as Atypical said. I don’t necessarily mind Comedy not being second to last because it’s not really that suspenseful, while Limited Series and the two lead acting categories are.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking too much about it, but there are three categories on the predictions form which have * instead of a square. Is it an error or are we supposed to think it means something? LOL

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t see Michael Kelly’s name. Also, Anna Chlumsky is listed for Transparent.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I love this order. The genre classification was getting boring anyways, and it actually gives the comedy people some incentive to stay intrigued till the end of the ceremony (instead of having all of their categories done at the beginning except for the main one). I like that they’re also mixing drama and comedy up that way.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
Reply To: 2017 EMMY AWARDS Ceremony Details

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.