Home Forums Television 2017 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions Thread (Live Pre-Show Webchat on Home Page)

2017 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions Thread (Live Pre-Show Webchat on Home Page)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 826 through 828 (of 828 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Miles
GusCruz
  • eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Solid show. Loved the set design. There were sound issues on my end. I love when my ppl get to collect a check and be happy at the same time, but that announcer was exhausting. Colbert did what I expected him to do. A monologue that went to the well that has brought him good fortune since taking over for Letterman. That Spicer cameo was white mediocrity at its finest and the ultimate showing of failing up. Nan of that shit was cute and is part of the problem of why we are here. Crying about resisting, but embracing the mess because it’ll create buzz, give you clicks, and make you coins. Anywho, the winners were amazing. Y’all tried it with the vote splitting bullshit all season. Vote-splitting is not a thing unless there’s a clear favorite of double nominees. And if there’s not, that’s when you factor an alternative. The one win that is kind of gross is Alexander Skarsgard. If Tom ever makes another edition of his book, he needs to be in the chapter call coattails, b/c what the fuck. He was a non-factor in her big scene that won her the Emmy (which wasn’t even all that deserved, but whatever). If it wasn’t for Dan Bucatinsky, he would be one of the worst acting performances I have seen win. Sad that my girl JLD got her Frasier moment with everyone in that room paying her dust, but she and the series will get it next year too unless the season is ass and/or JLD says/do something out of pocket. Like I mentioned before, all of the acting winners had a significant impression on the television landscape the past season, so their wins made sense. I think we might be going into Oscar territory in that respect (knowing that the frontrunner is the winner). Or next year it’ll be like the year before with surprise winners. Again we need a solid five years before using this as a way to predict. Last minute changes bit me in the ass and saved my ass, but that how it goes. My favorite speeches of the night were Sterling K. Brown’s black ass hell speech, Donald Glover being so humble and gracious, and Lena Waithe’s beautiful speech.

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Sterling should learn something from Donald Glover and let go of his big ego

What ego?! His speech was super cute and the definition of adorkable with his remembering so many past winners, including Braugher’s character, who was the previous black winner of his category. As a fan of the Emmys and television in general I loved every second of it, and am still mad they cut him off.

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

If it wasn’t for Dan Bucatinsky, he would be one of the worst acting performances I have seen win.

Never forget that acting abomination.

Viewing 3 posts - 826 through 828 (of 828 total)

The topic ‘2017 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions Thread (Live Pre-Show Webchat on Home Page)’ is closed to new replies.