2017 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Home // Forums // Television // 2017 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 490 total)
Created
Profile photo of Chris Beachum
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Profile photo of Hunterbergfeld
Profile photo of pulp50
Profile photo of Riley
  • Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, if this was the first time we actually had movie stars on the ballot I would considerate more but I guess they just really prefer the comedians instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Leandrio Plaatjiesleothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

@Editors please add Niecy Nash (“Scream Queens”) & Finn Wolfhard (“Stranger Things”) thank you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

THE CASE FOR: WILLIAM H. MACY

I feel like people aren’t taking Macy serious as a nominee and potential winner especially in such a wide open race. So here’s a case for Frank Gallagher.

1. HE just WON A SAG AWARD:
    No one predicted him, and he came out victorious. He was highly underestimated at SAG, but he managed to beat Jeffrey Tambor and Anthony Anderson.

2. SHAMELESS’ NEW TIMESLOT:
    For 6 seasons Shameless would premiere in the graveyard that is January. Last year it started airing in the fall, which clearly helped Macy triumph at SAG, but the series also managed to maintain its viewership. The series also received its first WGA nomination which signals increased industry support.

3. FRANK GALLAGHER WAS ACTUALLY LIKEABLE AND HAD THE ROOTING FACTOR THIS SEASON
    So, Frank Gallagher started off running a homeless shelter in a house that was advertised to be sold. He quickly replaced his family with a bunch of weirdos, he then went on to almost renewing his vows with his crackhead ex who ends up dying pushing Macy to give his best performance yet.

4. TAMBOR-FATIGUE AND VOTE SPLITTING MIGHT BENEFIT MACY
    The buzz for Transparent and Tambor have died down considerably. Aziz Ansari and Donald Glover a great visionaries who will probably split votes due to their cool, auteur way of storytelling. And voters will likely award them somewhere else.

5. WILLIAM H. MACY IS DUE FOR A WIN
    His last Emmy win was in 2003. Seven seasons into Shameless and it’s hard to imagine that he hasn’t won an Emmy for playing Frank Gallagher. This is his time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Who isn’t predicting Macy to at least be nominated? I don’t think he’s being underestimated at all. It’s still very unlikely he’ll win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

No one thinks he has what it takes to win this year. Some are even predicting him to get snub. He’s definitely up there along with Anderson to win IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack Jansen
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that category stays as it is with Glover taking Forte’s spot.

Nominations across the board from Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul, and Silicon Valley

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Griffin HammersmithThePerksOfBeingAGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

If any movie star and host deserves the Emmy nomination it is ScarJo. She is always consistently good when she hosts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Joejf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like people aren’t taking Macy serious as a nominee and potential winner especially in such a wide open race. So here’s a case for Frank Gallagher.

No one predicted him, and he came out victorious. He was highly underestimated at SAG, but he managed to beat Jeffrey Tambor and Anthony Anderson.

For 6 seasons Shameless would premiere in the graveyard that is January. Last year it started airing in the fall, which clearly helped Macy triumph at SAG, but the series also managed to maintain its viewership. The series also received its first WGA nomination which signals increased industry support.

So, Frank Gallagher started off running a homeless shelter in a house that was advertised to be sold. He quickly replaced his family with a bunch of weirdos, he then went on to almost renewing his vows with his crackhead ex who ends up dying pushing Macy to give his best performance yet.

The buzz for Transparent and Tambor have died down considerably. Aziz Ansari and Donald Glover a great visionaries who will probably split votes due to their cool, auteur way of storytelling. And voters will likely award them somewhere else.

His last Emmy win was in 2003. Seven seasons into Shameless and it’s hard to imagine that he hasn’t won an Emmy for playing Frank Gallagher. This is his time.

And it also is at the peak of its popularity due to it being added on Netflix. I have a lot of people recommending it to me who aren’t even huge TV fans

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of HunterbergfeldHunterbergfeld
    Participant
    Topics:

I definitely think Shameless could have a significant breakthrough this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m watching Shameless on Netflix. I doubt it can break through so late in its run, but I’m wondering, how the hell is this show allowed to compete as a comedy? If this is a comedy, OITNB definitely should be too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Tej ParksStretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m watching Shameless on Netflix. I doubt it can break through so late in its run, but I’m wondering, how the hell is this show allowed to compete as a comedy? If this is a comedy, OITNB definitely should be too.

Yeah and the switch happened after its most intense and “dramatic” season up to that point (season 4). I think pretty much everyone believes the half-hour rule for comedies was aimed specifically at OITNB as its the only one that’s been denied the chance to remain Comedy.

The Shameless switch did provide one of the funniest FYC ads, though…

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean OITNB has strong comedic elements, there’s jokes in the majority of scenes. These first two seasons of Shameless I’ve seen have no comedic element. The Leftovers is funnier than this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of SashaSasha
    Participant
    Topics:

If he wins Emmy before Emmy who outshines him so badly gets nominated I’m gonna kill someone. All the organizations nominate and award the wrong lead from the show. It’s HER show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

The best performance on Shameless got her emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of HunterbergfeldHunterbergfeld
    Participant
    Topics:

The best performance on Shameless got her emmy.

Rossum doesn’t have an Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 490 total)
Reply To: 2017 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.