2017 Emmy Coverage Elsewhere

Home // Forums // Television // 2017 Emmy Coverage Elsewhere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 737 views, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hunterbergfeld Hunterbergfeld 2 days, 18 hours ago.

• Profile photo of RileyRiley
    Participant
    Total Topics

Link/paste for discussion. It is good to read other analyses because it can be an echo chamber here.

• This topic was modified 4 days ago by Profile photo of Riley Riley.
    Profile photo of RileyRiley
    Participant
    Total Topics

http://www.awardswatch.com/2017-emmy-predictions-nominations/

– No Black Mirror predictions in series or actress.
    – Lot of predictions for Geoffrey Rush.
    – They all have Transparent, American Crime, Viola Davis, Richard Cabral and Martin Freeman coming back.
    – Two of them are predicting Winona Ryder in both categories.
    – They all have Sarah Jessica Parker, Issa Rae, Jeffrey Wright, Margo Martindale and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
    – They cannot decide if it is Reagan, Regan or Raegan.

Profile photo of jacob gitlinjacob121
    Participant
    Total Topics

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/emmy-predictions-2017-69-primetime-emmys-1201786718/

These are the only other ones I have seen so far. Seems fairly straight down the middle in terms of our thinking but oddly negative on Stranger Things in general, not even predicting it for a drama series nom.

Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Total Topics

– Lot of predictions for Geoffrey Rush.
    – They all have Transparent, American Crime, Viola Davis, Richard Cabral and Martin Freeman coming back.
    – Two of them are predicting Winona Ryder in both categories.
    – They all have Sarah Jessica Parker, Issa Rae, Jeffrey Wright, Margo Martindale and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
    – They cannot decide if it is Reagan, Regan or Raegan.

Transparent better come back.
    There’s a lot more love for Jude Law and the young pope there than there is here.

They all have Ty Burrell too, which I find a little surprising, it seems like it’s about time they dropped him.

Participant
    Total Topics

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/emmy-predictions-2017-69-primetime-emmys-1201786718/

I admire Ben Travers as a critic, but I have never found him at all to be a shrewd predictor.

Profile photo of HunterbergfeldHunterbergfeld
    Participant
    Total Topics

I agree, I really like Travers as a critic as well, and I enjoyed his TV podcast (very good TV), but it is so silly that he is not predicting stranger things.

at least he is a fan of the leftovers so that gives him a safety net of my respect for any stupid decisions he makes. Kidding

Profile photo of djdj
    Participant
    Total Topics

I’m not really a fan of indiewire’s tv critics anymore, they’re pretty lightweight now, but their Emmy predictions are even worse. Gregory Ellwood’s predictions are up on The Playlist and his are pretty embarrassing as well. He has Lithgow getting in for Lead Actor for some reason.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of dj dj.
    Participant
    Total Topics

The worst group of people I have ever seen attempt to do Emmy predictions were the group on Collider TV Talk. Ironically, their ignorance of facts lead them to get Tatiana Maslanay right as they said she was a lock because she gives the best performance.

Profile photo of djdj
    Participant
    Total Topics

Oh man, don’t get me started on Collider. I like the site for news and stuff, but their writers are awful. They can’t get a better TV critic over there? Metacritic is pretty strict with what critics/sites are eligible to be included in the Metascores, but I’m still baffled that they deem Collider worthy of inclusion.

Participant
    Total Topics

I always do a double take when I see We Got This Covered on there.

Participant
    Total Topics

Oh man, don’t get me started on Collider. I like the site for news and stuff, but their writers are awful. They can’t get a better TV critic over there? Metacritic is pretty strict with what critics/sites are eligible to be included in the Metascores, but I’m still baffled that they deem Collider worthy of inclusion.

I actually don’t mind Allison Keene compared to the cringe worthy people they have on the Collider tv talk YouTube of Josh Macuga, Sasha Perl Raver, Roxy Striar, David Griffin, and company. Go watch the Golden globe nomination and Emmy nomination collider tv specials and y’all will cringe.

Profile photo of Tej ParksStretchy
    Participant
    Total Topics

I actually don’t mind Allison Keene compared to the cringe worthy people they have on the Collider tv talk YouTube of Josh Macuga, Sasha Perl Raver, Roxy Striar, David Griffin, and company. Go watch the Golden globe nomination and Emmy nomination collider tv specials and y’all will cringe.

I’m bored and decided to do this. Not even 4 minutes and they’re complaining about how weird it is that “This Is Us” was nominated in Limited Series (wtf?) and how the same thing happened with “Downton Abbey’s” first season. Same guy also says he’s happy to see Caltriona Balfe and how the CW actresses have won that category the past 2 years. These guys are so stupid.

Participant
    Total Topics

I try not to scream when i watch it.

Guest2014
    Participant
    Total Topics

Black Mirror? What’s that?

Participant
    Total Topics

British anthology show with the same writers and producers, but a different cast and crew every episode, most set in the near future with some technology gone wrong. First season won the International Emmy; taken over by Netflix from the third season on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.