Home Forums Television 2017 Fall TV Season (news, rumors, and announcements)

2017 Fall TV Season (news, rumors, and announcements)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest2014
vinny
pulp50
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I didn’t see a great so I made this so we can discuss shows in development and what we think will be the next big hit. What will be next years This is Us?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/tv-pilots-2017-complete-guide-966599

Anonymous
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/03/21/amy-brenneman-cast-the-get-cbs-drama-pilot-journalism-ellen/

This is getting me excited. Great writer and Amy Brenneman is great as wel. CBS has a lot of pilots that seem very ambitious and it seems CBS is trying to become prestige again. They don’t have any good dramas on the main network right now so this needs to be could. Could it be an Emmy contender? I’m excited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/03/21/amy-brenneman-cast-the-get-cbs-drama-pilot-journalism-ellen/

This is getting me excited. Great writer and Amy Brenneman is great as wel. CBS has a lot of pilots that seem very ambitious and it seems CBS is trying to become prestige again. They don’t have any good dramas on the main network right now so this needs to be could. Could it be an Emmy contender? I’m excited.

Already excited!

ReplyCopy URL
    Phillippo
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

http://tvline.com/2017/03/21/amy-brenneman-cast-the-get-cbs-drama-pilot-journalism-ellen/ This is getting me excited. Great writer and Amy Brenneman is great as wel. CBS has a lot of pilots that seem very ambitious and it seems CBS is trying to become prestige again. They don’t have any good dramas on the main network right now so this needs to be could. Could it be an Emmy contender? I’m excited.

</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I love Amy Brenneman! I often feel like her work on The Leftovers is overlooked due to the rest of the women on the show also being stellar, but that being said, I haven’t watched a show on CBS in ages, so I’m hesitant.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I love Brad Garrett though too, so I have to at least give this show a try given it has two amazing people at its center</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

ABC has many promising dramas with big names. I think Thisnis us might have started the network rennisance.

The Crossing has a decent cast and a very good concept about refugees so it definatley has timeliness to help with persuading the critics. This could be a potential hit if executed well.

The concept of the Good doctor reminds me a lot of the terrible show the Black Box, so it seems like it would suck, but Freddy Highmore is attached so it could be great.

The Gospel of Kevin has the team of agent Carter (which I loved) and an amazingly underrated cast, but the concept scares me. It’s the type of concept that could be amazing or the worst thing ever. I have faith in the team though.

I was super excited for the Inhumans but it has the same showrunner as Iron fist and that turned out terrible so…

Las Reinas looks so good. I am so excited. The concept is great and it’s starting SONIA FRIGGIN BRAGA who sho should have won an Oscar for Aquarius. It also has Amanda Warren so I’m excited.

Salamander has potential but I don’t think it will be good.

Ten Days in The Valley sounds amazing. ABC wants some Emmys again and I think this show will do that. And it’s Staring Kyra Sedgwick. I’m excited.

Unit Zero is my most anticipated show. Spy thrillers are my favorite genre. Spy was my favorite McCarthy movie ever. Blackish is my favorite show. I love Toni Collete. This show has to be good. Do we think this will submit drama or comedy?

the untitled Marc cherry show and the untitled Paul William Davies show sound terrible. Doomsday also sounds terrible. But deception is one of the worst pilot concepts I’ve ever seen. Whoever came up with that should be fired. It honestly sounds like God Cop from 30 rock.

My most anticipated ABC dramas are:

1. Unit Zero
    2. Las Reinas (I love Braga)
    3. Ten Days in the valley
    4.  the Crossing (skeptical)
    5. The Gospel of Kevin (skeptical)

i have a feeling Unit Zero and Ten Days in The Valley will be hits with critics, awards and audiences. Las Reinas sounds like a critical and awards hit but not an audience hit. If done right, The gospel of Kevin and and the Crossing also sound like they will turn out like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the Carol Burnett one gets picked up. I forgot where I read about it though. Also, (and I cant remember the network) but there was one that was a remake of Dynasty so that could be fun lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/04/19/marvels-cloak-dagger-trailer-freeform/
    Looks suprisingly good. I didn’t realize Freeform was capable something like that. It looks like American rime + 13 Reasons why + Superheroes

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/04/21/melissa-benoist-cast-waco-miniseries-paramount-network-rachel-koresh/

This role is fucking perfect for her. I love Benoist and she is so underrated on Supergirl. I hope this is very good and I would love her to become and Emmy nominee. The show sounds great as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Ooh, Michael Shannon in the debut show from a rebranded network.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Ooh, Michael Shannon in the debut show from a rebranded network.

He will also star in the television movie of Fahrenheit 451 along side Michael B. Jordan for HBO. Double noms perhaps?

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty excited for:

Libby And Malcolm (ABC)
    Untitled City Mayor Project (ABC)
    The Get (CBS)
    Untitled University Project (FOX)
    Untitled Marvel Drama (FOX)

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/04/27/blind-item-bad-tv-series/

Omg this article was hilarious. A network show was so bad they jumped the gun on, spent to much, didn’t want to chunk it, but were embarrassed to air it. They tried to sell it and not a single streamer would bite, not even for a discount.

Most commenters suggested Still Star Crossed as well as The Inhumans and Midnight Texas. The Inhumans is still filming so I doubt that is it. Still Star Crossed is a major ABC Shona Rhimes show that keeps getting delayed so it would make sense if that was it. Midnight Texas also looks terrible so that could be a possibility. Lol this is to funny

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I bet it’s gonna be still star crossed, it could fit with the over budget thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
Reply To: 2017 Fall TV Season (news, rumors, and announcements)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.