Home Forums Television 2018-2019 Upfronts Thread

2018-2019 Upfronts Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
That Don Guy
Sasha
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s the schedule:

May 14 NBC/Universal, Fox
    May 15 Disney/ABC
    May 16 TNT, TBS, CBS
    May 17 CW

Oh, and Valor was deep-sixed by the See-Dub yesterday: http://deadline.com/2018/05/valor-canceled-the-cw-one-season-1202384051/

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday Bloody Friday (not a complete list); bye bye…

ABC: Alex Inc., Designated Survivor, The Mayor, Quantico, Ten Days in the Valley, The Crossing, Deception
    CBS: Living Biblically, Wisdom of the Crowd
    Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine,Last Man on Earth, Lucifer, The Mick, The Exorcist
    NBC: The Brave, Great News, The Night Shift, Rise, Taken
    The CW: Life Sentence, Valor

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

This year is a bloodbath

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday Bloody Friday (not a complete list); bye bye…

ABC: Alex Inc., Designated Survivor, The Mayor, Quantico, Ten Days in the Valley, The Crossing, Deception
    CBS: Living Biblically, Wisdom of the Crowd
    Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine,Last Man on Earth, Lucifer, The Mick, The Exorcist
    NBC: The Brave, Great News, The Night Shift, Rise, Taken
    The CW: Life Sentence, Valor

Wow, I had not heard that Designated Survivor got the axe. I saw the first several episodes of the first season before I got bored and then watched the finale out of curiosity. I still voted for it to win the Saturn Award for Action/Thriller TV Series. The 2nd season I didn’t watch at all, and while some actors have gotten nominations after their shows have been canceled, I’m officially no longer considering Michael J. Fox to get a name-check for Guest Actor because it is a show that got completely shut out last season, so why would it get a single nod for its less buzzed about 2nd season that led to the shows cancellation?

ReplyCopy URL
    Royal Night
    Participant
    Topics:

So in October it was reported that ABC ordered a new show called The Fairy Godmother starring Kristin Chenoweth as a put pilot.  I understand this means if they don’t show it in some capacity, they still have to pay the creatives behind the show. However, I haven’t heard a single thing about it since October. Has anyone else?

ReplyCopy URL
    J H
    Participant
    Topics:

season lows for shows cancelled during the course of this season:
    .7 me myself and i (pulled after 6 eps), rise (with voice as a lead-in), mayor (pulled after 9 eps), donuts, scorpion
    .6 alex, lucifer, deception, last man, brooklyn, mick, bibically
    .5 brave, designated, crossing
    .4 great news, kevin, inhumans, once upon, quantico
    .3 taken, exorcist, originals
    .2 ten days, valor
    .1 life sentence

Nothing too notable in popularity.
    Last season notably had Two Broke Girls and Last Man Standing, which had 1.0 lows. And now the latter returns…

ReplyCopy URL
    J H
    Participant
    Topics:

NBC taking Brooklyn Nine Nine. They make the show, and are dire in the comedy dept, so I suppose.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Low ratings, behind-the-scenes turnover (5 SHOWRUNNERS in 3 years), Kiefer playing diva when it came to where it would be filmed next season (LA vs. Toronto) felled Designated Survivor:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/designated-survivor-kiefer-sutherland-abc-drama-canceled-1202807925/

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m interested to see what Fox does with Lethal Weapon. If they really did fire Clayne Crawford, then they really need to end the show. For me, Crawford turns what would be a horrible show into something very enjoyable to watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m interested to see what Fox does with Lethal Weapon. If they really did fire Clayne Crawford, then they really need to end the show. For me, Crawford turns what would be a horrible show into something very enjoyable to watch.

Gotham’s Fate Hinges On…Lethal Weapon?! http://cbr.st/AdmMriR

“With Fox having been forced to fire Lethal Weapon star Clayne Crawford following his on-set antics, producers are now in a bit of a bind. Prior to Crawford’s firing, the show seemed to be a lock for renewal as it is a steady performer for the network, however, in the days since, Warner Bros. TV has hit a wall while attempting to recast the lead role. It’s said that multiple actors were offered the role, however, they all passed, leaving Fox and Warner Bros. TV just a few days to sign a new actor ahead of upfronts. Should the network and producers prove successful, Gotham‘s fate appears to be all but sealed with a cancellation notice sure to follow.

“However, with just a few days to secure a new actor, producers are said to be “scrambling” as they continue to meet with potential replacements for Crawford. After all, the show will need a new actor to help carry the series heading into a potential 3rd season. But if producers are unable to sign a new actor before Monday, Lethal Weapon, instead, will find itself on the chopping block, while Gotham will reportedly return for a 5th season. It’s an unfortunate circumstance, and one that is sure to frustrate plenty, but those that have been awaiting news on Gotham can at least rest easy knowing a decision will be made in the coming days.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The Greatest American Hero(ine) reboot dead at ABC: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/go/238706

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

So bummed about Lee Daniels’ Our People being dead at Fox. Also hoping Mixtape gets a home after the report that it’s being redeveloped for streaming — more Raul Castillo please!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

So bummed about Lee Daniels’ Our People being dead at Fox. Also hoping Mixtape gets a home after the report that it’s being redeveloped for streaming — more Raul Castillo please!

Where’d you read about its fate?

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Where’d you read about its fate?

http://deadline.com/2018/05/fox-pilots-update-what-is-still-alive-dan-the-weatherman-mixtape-ilene-chaiken-erin-foster-1202388073/

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The Blacklist gets a re-up for season 6, full order of 22 episodes:
    http://tvline.com/2018/05/12/blacklist-renewed-season-6-nbc/

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.