Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 276 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
9 hours ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
Eden
  • Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Weird that Carice Van Houten didn’t submit herself in guest when last season she submitted herself in supporting. She would have been nominated this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Here were The Good Place’s tech submissions FEC:

Casting
    Cinematography, Makeup/Hairstyling (Rhonda, Diana, Jake and Trent)
    Costume Design (Dance Dance Resolution)
    Editing (DDR, The Trolley Problem)
    Sound Editing (The Trolley Problem)
    Sound Mixing (Janet & Michael)

Surprisingly, they chose not to submit in Music or Visual Effects.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if anyone has brought up Animated Program yet –

I previously would’ve said that all of Bob’s Burgers, South Park, The Simpsons and Archer are safe since they’ve all been here the last 3 years. Having seen the submissions, I think Archer is least likely to stay in this time around because Danger Island has been received fairly indifferently.

If I had to call it now, I’d say that BoJack Horseman and Rick and Morty both make it in for the first time. The former got a voiceover nom last year and has the perfect submission while the latter’s profile rose insanely in the latest season (although Ricklantis Mixup was a much better submission).

Overall, the fact that Simpsons and South Park have more than 40 nominations in this category between them makes me doubt that we’ll get much more fresh blood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Weird that Carice Van Houten didn’t submit herself in guest when last season she submitted herself in supporting. She would have been nominated this year.

And of course, no Indira Varma, Bella Ramsey, or Gilly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you guys think of Rupaul in Guest actor for Broad city?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope.  Not to mention that comedy guest actor is especially crowded this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if anyone has brought up Animated Program yet –

I previously would’ve said that all of Bob’s Burgers, South Park, The Simpsons and Archer are safe since they’ve all been here the last 3 years. Having seen the submissions, I think Archer is least likely to stay in this time around because Danger Island has been received fairly indifferently.

If I had to call it now, I’d say that BoJack Horseman and Rick and Morty both make it in for the first time. The former got a voiceover nom last year and has the perfect submission while the latter’s profile rose insanely in the latest season (although Ricklantis Mixup was a much better submission).

Overall, the fact that Simpsons and South Park have more than 40 nominations in this category between them makes me doubt that we’ll get much more fresh blood.

I have already brought up Animated Program once if not a couple times. Here is my big quote:

“Dammit, Rick and Morty and to a lesser extent Steven Universe blew it with their Animated Program submissions! Pickle Rick was great IF you were a Rick and Morty fan already, but if you are a non-fan it could easily be too weird or gross! As for Steven Universe, up until the last couple minutes Jungle Moon stood okay enough on its own, but there was a surreal sequence at the end that baffled even me, a longtime fan of the show. Thankfully, the Adventure Time episode that was submitted does not look like a winner. On the other hand, Robot Chicken submitted their Christmas special and Teen Titans Go (which has a theatrical movie coming out this year) submitted their 200th Anniversary special. A Single Pale Rose still might have lost but would have made me at least somewhat hopeful about the shows Emmy chances. Now? Jungle Moon was entertaining but if the masterpieces The Answer and Mr. Greg couldn’t win Short-Form Animated Program then I definitely don’t see Jungle Moon pulling it off.“

I also commented about how pissed I am about Bojack Horseman not even being submitted for Music Supervision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

For your Emmy consideration for Short Form Variety Series- “Newsbroke”

The show just ended so an Emmy nod would be a wonderful way of recognizing it for its run of intelligent political commentary and funny comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld is thirsty with that main title submission.

Each episode of Electric Dreams (and Black Mirror for that matter) is a separate program.

Hopefully Westworld can win Main Title Design after it lost that category last year. It was my 2nd favorite of the nominees behind only American Gods.

WTF? They didn’t submit “The Ricklantis Mixup”.

Which is really sad, since Ricklantis I could most easily have seen appealing to non-fans of Rick and Morty. While a great episode as well, Pickle Rick will gross out and annoy too many people who aren’t familiar with the shows brand of comedy.

BoJack Horseman submitted RUTHIE!

Too bad Bojack will likely split votes in writing for its other acclaimed episode Stupid Piece of Shit, which was also submitted for Picture Editing. I actually would vote for that episode over Ruthie personally.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I am officially predicting Star Wars Rebels to win Children’s Program. It made the cut last year and is now in contention for its final season which was very well-received by fans and critics. If anything beats it I think it will be Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie due to the emotional effectiveness of the story in of itself plus the nostalgia factor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen “Kill All Others” from Electric Dreams but since I was very disappointed by “The Commuter” I can only hope I will end up liking the other submitted Dreams “Movie” more.

By the way, not saying “Kill All Others” will be nominated for TV Movie, but the writer and director Dee Rees was just nominated for an Oscar as a co-writer of Mudbound and her film Bessie actually won TV Movie a few years ago at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen “Kill All Others” from Electric Dreams but since I was very disappointed by “The Commuter” I can only hope I will end up liking the other submitted Dreams “Movie” more.

By the way, not saying “Kill All Others” will be nominated for TV Movie, but the writer and director Dee Rees was just nominated for an Oscar as a co-writer of Mudbound and her film Bessie actually won TV Movie a few years ago at the Emmys.

I don’t think any of the Electric Dreams movies quite worked but The Impossible PlaneT which was not submitted was the strongest imo. No idea why a consensus formed around The Commuter as that was my least favorite. Kill All Others is OK.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish that the SNL guests weren’t allowed to compete in Guest Comedy categories. It really takes away the chances from true guest performances. It’s a shame that so many of the talented guest comedy actors on Curb Your Enthusiasm (Cranston, Miranda, Abraham, etc.) will most likely not be nominated to make room for Hader, Glover, etc. from SNL hosting gigs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I just looked and Blackish has 5 directing submissions. They’re FUCKING idiots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just looked and Blackish has 5 directing submissions. They’re FUCKING idiots.

A couple years ago they had like 8 Directing submissions so on the bright side they’re… getting better? Modern Family only submitted a couple, they know to prioritize their episode submissions since they know voters in Directing are not watching their show as much anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 276 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.