Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 273 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
Eden
  • Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

With Jane Lynch having multiple performances in contention, she could get back in after being surprisingly dropped last year.

Jane Lynch wasn’t “dropped” last year. Hollywood Game Night wasn’t on the ballot last year after only one new episode aired during last season. Yet she still managed to be nominated and win last year for the web series Dropping the Soap, probably just on name recognition. To digress a bit, I don’t know anything about any of the shows or actors on the short form acting ballot, so I suspect that Christina Pickles will likely win her long overdue Emmy this way this year (the only thing that really makes this category worthwhile for me).

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgot that!  Slotting her back in now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Variety Talk and Variety Sketch categories are now added in the predictions center.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

If submissions mattered, then Cicely Tyson would win this hands down for the Season 4 premiere of How To Get Away With Murder.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

And the cover of Emmy magazine as voting closes is…

And the cover when voting opened was Jennifer Lopez. You would think that someone else would have fought harder to get these.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate how these forums crap on women who are considered celebrities first then actresses. Even if those women are actually talented. So many prejudiced people here.

Jennifer Lopez is ineligible this season for Shades of Blue but she’s actually Emmy-worthy on that show. She’s better than presumed nominees Mandy Moore or Evan Rachel Wood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I love that Rick and Morty’s Dan Harmon is at least mentioned on the cover of Emmy magazine.

By the way, I’ve been wondering since South Park submitted the same episode “Put It Down” for Animated Program and Comedy Writing, does that mean Trey Parker could potentially get multiple Emmy nominations this year or would he have to take his name off the ballot for Animated Program if he gets that Writing nod. I think I heard that was the case from TheDonGuy but I might be mistaken.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

If Strong Island beats out I Am Not Your Negro for major Emmy nominations like Directing I am gonna be so freaking pissed. Raoul Peck earned his Bafta, now give him that Emmy. The only other deserving winners would be The Vietnam War and Icarus, and the latter already won the Oscar so I think it would be smart of the Emmys to spread the wealth here. Icarus was amazing, but it wasn’t a masterpiece like Citizenfour which won Oscar and Emmys a few years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate how these forums crap on women who are considered celebrities first then actresses. Even if those women are actually talented. So many prejudiced people here. Jennifer Lopez is ineligible this season for Shades of Blue but she’s actually Emmy-worthy on that show. She’s better than presumed nominees Mandy Moore or Evan Rachel Wood.

Hell yeah!

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Bummed at no Khandi Alexander and Kate Burton for Guest Actress – Scandal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Voters favorite Lesli Linka Glatter is the only submitted director for The Menendez Murders. I could see it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nicolas Agudelo Restrepo
    Participant
    Topics:

Can somebody explain me, why Dark and Money Heist aren’t submitted by Netflix?

Thanx!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

They must not satisfy the American co-production criterion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nicolas Agudelo Restrepo
    Participant
    Topics:

So, If it is an foreign tv show it is ineligible even if it is showed in an American channel?

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Can somebody explain me, why Dark and Money Heist aren’t submitted by Netflix?

Thanx!!!

I guess they’re going for the less competitive International Emmy Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 273 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.